SE535 replacement for ca. 250EUR
Dec 7, 2020 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

zmkzmkzmk

New Head-Fier
Hi,

One of my SE535 is broken (loses sound occasionally) and Shure wants me to pay 250EUR for a replacement bud. I am quite happy with those IEMs, but I originally bought them when there were very few alternatives. It seems that there is tremendously more choice now within that budget and I am wondering if I should instead get a different set of IEMs. Can you recommend a good replacement that is competitive with the 250EUR replacement cost? I mostly listen to pop and violin/piano tracks.

Dec 7, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi,

One of my SE535 is broken (loses sound occasionally) and Shure wants me to pay 250EUR for a replacement bud. I am quite happy with those IEMs, but I originally bought them when there were very few alternatives. It seems that there is tremendously more choice now within that budget and I am wondering if I should instead get a different set of IEMs. Can you recommend a good replacement that is competitive with the 250EUR replacement cost? I mostly listen to pop and violin/piano tracks.
So very many options exist now.

Probably one the best and most versatile IEMs at any price, but especially at it’s current pricing, especially if on sale, is the LZ A7.

For an IEM that would have a similar tuning to the 535, consider the Mangird Tea and ThieAudio Legacy 5.

If you don’t mind multi-flange ear tips, and deep insertion, and want maximum isolation, consider the Etymotic ER2XR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back