SE530s help please
May 15, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #16 of 23
I too have the SE530s and was a little surprised by the bass, and I'm not used to big bloated bass either. The SE530s just don't reach as low as I was hoping, and that's just compared to some 2.0 Swan T200Bs which have 5.25" woofers. Don't get me wrong, I like the SE530s and all, but if you don't like the way they sound and have to force yourself to like them I'd go with something else like some of the guys above me have suggested. Maybe when I have some money I'll go and take my own advice.

May 15, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjgoku101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah im thinking it may be because im used to alot more bass from the Z5500s. I thought I would feel the bass a bit but none of that comes through so when I listen to pendulum the sound comes out a bit muddy and plain to me. The mids and highs are actually pretty decent now, I put my old phones back on and noticed the lack of clarity in them I didnt know existed. Not too fond of the virtually non existant soundstage though. Im considering the IE8s as an alternative but dont like the idea of destroying my eardrum with the well known bass they produce. Doesnt anyone else wish there was a place you can test all these headphone before you buy? It makes it a kind of guessing game to an extent. The westone 3s are alot more pricey and hard to get in the UK so now I just have to decide between keeping the se530s or getting the ie 8s instead. This is a very hard decision for me!

BTW Does anyone think an external soundcard for my laptop would improve the source?

Thanks alot for the responses guys
smily_headphones1.gif

if your still finding the bass light after a few more days and decide you cant live with it then the IE8 is prob waht you want. the 530 has lots and lots of bass when teh song calls for it but if you are used to massively over bassy phones then it will sound light. most of us on here are used to things a bit more balanced so we thin the IE8 is a bass monster but you may not feel so.

if you can just give them time till your ears adjust and you realise the bass on teh 530 is just about perfect

May 15, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #18 of 23
how long hav u had the se530?
once ur ear canals have relaxed and no longer tense you'll hear a little better.

i had the same impression u did.
but after listening to other cheap headphones i learned to appreciate its qualities.

my ears are now acustomed to having something in it.
i really likethese headphones.

May 15, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deulce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how long hav u had the se530?
once ur ear canals have relaxed and no longer tense you'll hear a little better.

i had the same impression u did.
but after listening to other cheap headphones i learned to appreciate its qualities.

my ears are now acustomed to having something in it.
i really likethese headphones.

Have you tried my mod?

May 16, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjgoku101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah im thinking it may be because im used to alot more bass from the Z5500s. I thought I would feel the bass a bit but none of that comes through so when I listen to pendulum the sound comes out a bit muddy and plain to me. The mids and highs are actually pretty decent now, I put my old phones back on and noticed the lack of clarity in them I didnt know existed. Not too fond of the virtually non existant soundstage though. Im considering the IE8s as an alternative but dont like the idea of destroying my eardrum with the well known bass they produce. Doesnt anyone else wish there was a place you can test all these headphone before you buy? It makes it a kind of guessing game to an extent. The westone 3s are alot more pricey and hard to get in the UK so now I just have to decide between keeping the se530s or getting the ie 8s instead. This is a very hard decision for me!

BTW Does anyone think an external soundcard for my laptop would improve the source?

Thanks alot for the responses guys
smily_headphones1.gif

You are coming from Z5500s, powerful 5.1 sys...lol
devil_face.gif
. No wonder you feel SE 530 is not enough bass.

IE8 is your choice, as a past owner of IE 8. The bass is thumpy and punchy even at lowest setting for me, let alone when I turn it to max.

May be you can consider to move to full size can. I am sure bass is not a problem for this price range

May 16, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by twylight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
evu325 - did you just compare swans to IEMs?

Yes my SVS 12/2+ has deeper extension than my shures do too... o.O

Yeah I did I didn't think it was too unreasonable. They're just two-way smallish bookshelves. I have to compare them to something and unfortunately those are the closest I have at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back