SE530 with iPhone 3G: no hiss
Nov 20, 2008 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ph0rk

Headphoneus Supremus
Just a PSA thread - I had noticeable hiss with 530's on the original iPhone, but I had a chance to try them again with my 3G and the hiss is gone.

I also think their midbass is more tame on the 3g too, making them a more clear choice over the SE420's.

Nov 20, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 10
What does PSA stand for?

Nov 20, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does PSA stand for?

Public service announcement
smile_phones.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #6 of 10
You sure u didnt use the inline volume controller? or any other cable attachments like Level Attenuators

Nov 21, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

You sure u didnt use the inline volume controller? or any other cable attachments like Level Attenuators

Quite sure. I'll double check the same pair of se530's on my older original iPhone tonight to be sure, but I'd have noticed right away if this was the case, I listen at a very low volume and dislike the clunkyness of the Shure attenuator.

I do use the Shure MPA, but that doesn't attenuate, and i used it when I tried them with the original iPhone the first time.

Nov 22, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #9 of 10
Cool, i think the 3G audio chipset is much better (or less powerful) than before hehe

Sep 2, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Cool, i think the 3G audio chipset is much better (or less powerful) than before hehe

Hi there,

I haven't got an iPhone, but to my experience hiss has nothing to do with the processor, rather with the case or some sort of insulation? My Ipod classic hisses a bit with my SE530s, and the louder I put the ipod, the louder it gets....However, it does hiss eeextreamly with my MacBook Pro, and that sounds a 100 times better than the ipod....and the hiss of the laptop is not dependent on the sound level, it happens a second or so after clinking the lead in, no idea what it is....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back