SE530 with Ibasso d2 boa, sq improved?
Apr 11, 2009 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

torres

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys.
I am wondering if d2 boa can improve the sq from se530.
I use it amp my se530 but I did not turn on the "gain" function. I need to turn up more vol then without amping se530
But when I turn the "gain" on, the sound seems not so good..
is se530 unampable? I can hardly find out the difference after amping it...
popcorn.gif

Apr 11, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #2 of 6
Apparently, SE530 is one of the most pickiest IEM's when it comes to amping. My guess is that the D2 boa amp has a warm sound signature, which is not a good thing with the already warm sounding 530's. I know my T4 (not D2 but still ibasso) helps with the soundstaging and detailing but kinda makes it a bit more warm. Plus, it hisses with the T4's for me as well because 530's are of such low impedence and high sensitivity.

I've typically seen the RSA amps recommended with 530's, as they seem to help on the high ends more than some of the other amps. I know Tomahawk has been long heralded as being good with the 530's as well as the Mustang.

Apr 11, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apparently, SE530 is one of the most pickiest IEM's when it comes to amping. My guess is that the D2 boa amp has a warm sound signature, which is not a good thing with the already warm sounding 530's. I know my T4 (not D2 but still ibasso) helps with the soundstaging and detailing but kinda makes it a bit more warm. Plus, it hisses with the T4's for me as well because 530's are of such low impedence and high sensitivity.

I've typically seen the RSA amps recommended with 530's, as they seem to help on the high ends more than some of the other amps. I know Tomahawk has been long heralded as being good with the 530's as well as the Mustang.

how about adding an impendence cable to se530, and then amp it

Apr 12, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by torres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oooppps, d2 boa is cold?
first time I know this..
but I got 2 copper cable (one mini to mini) and one impendence shipped to me today.
hopelly they can be happy with both my boa and se530

Oh my bad....I keep typing and thinking about my d2 viper
dt880smile.png
not yet listen to the boa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back