SE530, which amp have the best synergy with it?
Jul 1, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #17 of 20
Perfect thread, exactly what I was wondering. I don't know prices though, can you guys recommend anything in the $200 or below range? Thanks!

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by afobisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hm, the custom molds cost $50ish right?

You can have Sensaphonics do a custom mold to slip your SE530 into, for a little over $100 + the cost of impressions and shipping.

I took a spare pair of Livewires Acrylic Shell customs, and had someone install the SE530 drivers into them, and tune them for flat bass and more extended highs (by altering the diameter and length of the sound tubes mostly). It took months and was a one-off deal, so they aren't doing any more right now. Besides, with the re-tune, they sound similar to my other pair of Livewires! If they weren't clear shells so that I could see the new drivers, I would have thought that they didn't change the drivers out. They have slightly less bass than Livewires, and slightly more treble than Livewires, incredibly, so nothing like a stock SE530.

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:00 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKHAVEN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perfect thread, exactly what I was wondering. I don't know prices though, can you guys recommend anything in the $200 or below range? Thanks!

Headstage Lyrix Pro, Penguinamp Caffeine, a used iBasso D1, a used iBasso P2, and based on the sound similarity to the P2 would be a used iBasso D2 viper. A used Tomahawk will go for about $250, so over budget. I can't recommend others that I haven't actually tried with the SE530.

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKHAVEN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ibasso D2 Boa (which is basically a nonopamp changing D2 Viper) is $175 shipped brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back