SE530 vx. TF10
May 22, 2008 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

krisio06

Head-Fier
I know, that this topic is alltimer but I immiedtly have to choose beetwen these two brilliant earphones.. Could you recomend me a better one to listening Linkin Park and Santana music..
Please..

May 22, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by krisio06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know, that this topic is alltimer but I immiedtly have to choose beetwen these two brilliant earphones.. Could you recomend me a better one to listening Linkin Park and Santana music..
Please..

not knowing anything about your tastes or experience it's hard to say. if you can't get both to try, just buy one and enjoy it. in the unlikely event that you don't like it, sell it and buy the other.

May 22, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 16
Well i have the UE TF10 and listen to both those artists you named. I couldn't be happier.

But then again, i've never heard the SE530 so i can't compare.

TBH, i doubt you will be disapointed either way you go. They are top tier of universal IEM's. Get one, use it for a while, and if curiosity gets the better of you, pick the other up and sell the one's you prefer less.

May 22, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 16
I faced the same dilemma. I ended up going for the SE530, purely because I own both the Super.Fi Pro 5's and the Shure SE310's and prefer the sound, comfort and seal of the SE310's.

May 22, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #5 of 16
ultimate ear phones really must be tried first. I like the ultimate ear sound signature, but the barrels are big and even using the reverse mod doesn't feel nearly as comfortable as other IEMS. Otoh everything I've read about the sound leaves me to believe the Triple fi 10s are the king of non-custom IEMs, I even like my super.fi 3s so I can only imagine how good the triple.fis are. For a lot of people they fit comfortably, for others like me they don't.

May 22, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 16
...sigh...the fit thing again...
smily_headphones1.gif

For all the numbers of folks who say they find TF10 fit uncomfortable, there are also a heck of a lot of us who find the fit just dandy. Add to that superlative SQ, replaceable cables (stock &/or Westone ES, and wait til Apuresound gets going), and the ability to wear em two ways...for me it's a no-brainer.

However, I agree w/ J.D.N. - they're both superb universals, and you could indeed eventually get both, if that itch won't stop. For now, buy the one closest to your preferred presentation...or buy ER-4P
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #8 of 16
yea I mentioned they fit comfortably for a lot of people, im sure its the majority. At the same time I am far from the first one not to like the comfort. I really wish they were comfortable for me, I mean I've only heard the bottom of the range and it is very competent.

May 22, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea I mentioned they fit comfortably for a lot of people, im sure its the majority. At the same time I am far from the first one not to like the comfort. I really wish they were comfortable for me, I mean I've only heard the bottom of the range and it is very competent.

Apologies, kg21 - it wasn't meant to be or sound like a dig at you
smily_headphones1.gif

And yeah, you can tell Al4x & I are kinda sold on Trips
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #10 of 16
I can't comment on LP but Santana I can. The TFP were good enough to get me to sell n switch from the shure e500's I had which are the same as the 530's. As far as fit I don't know what all the fuss is about to be honest. I find both fine for comfort.

May 23, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apologies, kg21 - it wasn't meant to be or sound like a dig at you
smily_headphones1.gif

And yeah, you can tell Al4x & I are kinda sold on Trips
biggrin.gif

oh np I didn't take it that way, I just wanted to clarify what I meant. Also some people said the SE530s are less comfortable than other shures because triple drivers make them bigger so thats yet another reason to try both headphones before making a decision. I usually don't make such a big deal about comfort, since sound is the priority but I guess for iems I care more about it vs full size headphones.

May 23, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #12 of 16
both of them are good IEMS. TF 10 has good treble and needs teaming up with a right source. I like almost everything of TF10 except the PVC smell. SE530 has wider low range but hard to tell sometimes. Its mid range is impressing to some extend in comparison with TF's.

Feb 11, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif

steviebee and i love our tf10 lol

me three
smily_headphones1.gif
if you're worried about fit, btw, just decore the shure black olives and mount those. The stock fit isn't as bad as people make it out to be

Feb 11, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #14 of 16
Although this is the wrong sub-forum...

I owned the TF10s, but I still own the SE530s....both are great, but I preferred the SE530 for clarity and comfort.

Feb 11, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although this is the wrong sub-forum...

I owned the TF10s, but I still own the SE530s....both are great, but I preferred the SE530 for clarity and comfort.

The thread is almost 2 years old now. I'm guessing from before the portable subforum was added. Not entirely sure who/why it was resurrected from the dead, but there ya go... thread necromancy at it's finest(?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back