SE530 vs Triple fi 10 pro? (not a repetitive thread)
Apr 4, 2008 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 76

hamedy

100+ Head-Fier
After 1 month reading reviews hear and every where i could find i just got confused
frown.gif

In my situation thats a little more difficult to choose one.
I have more items in list to think to and also to compare two.
neither of these phones are not available hear -and certainly warranty is the same!-
my frined will buy and send it to me from UK.
and if shure's cable breaks i dont know what to do
frown.gif

but If i choose UE i do buy a backup cable with it and its a big benefit for me.

now From reviews i found that :
Shure Se 530:
+more rich bass (I'm not a Hip/Hop fan and I do prefer ultimates natural bass )
+more isolation (4 or 5 DB more isolation is not vital for me)
+more accurate mid (Great ,cause i listen VOCALs more than every one! )
-more accesorries (UE is cheaper and more accessories are optional and this is good idea)
+++more comfortable and no fit problem
---cable problems (very important to me cause i cant use warranty
services -not available here-)

Triple fi 10 pro
+more natural sound (specialy bass -most said 530s are muddy-)
+++++detachable cable (I can buy a backup right now and every time it breaks i change it myself)
+well extended high end
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

----Fit
confused.gif
(if this was not a problem i had my hands on UE right now! imagine if I pay about 200 pound for a headphone and cant use it
frown.gif
frown.gif
)
(may i ask some one who can, measure the length of triple fi driver so i could understand if i can use it in flip-flop mod. it may does not settle in my ear in that mod.)

my music styles are every thing but specialy rock , jazz and vocal
and your opinion is highly appreciated

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 76
its highly subjective, for your needs ill say go for triple fi, its better suited to rock.

the shures bass is very far from muddy but people hear set standards very very high and confuse quantity with quality, i dont speak for others but lots of bass does not mean its bad bass take the senn cx300 vs e500 for example, both emphasise the bass but the cx300 shows how clear the e500 bass actually is.

as for cables your best option is definately the triple fi here as its changeable (huge advantage). It has been said that newer models of the e500 have ''fixed'' cables but its not technically been proven.

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 76
Housing is 3cm incl. Shure olive tip, medium.
Hope that helps!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #4 of 76
Even better are Comply T400 tips.
Steve, give them a try. They make Triple fi fit so much better, and feel a lot smaller in the ears.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #5 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steve, give them a try. They make Triple fi fit so much better, and feel a lot smaller in the ears.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the (groan) tip Tony, I'd love to
smily_headphones1.gif
But where to get em in the UK, or outside the UK w/out a credit card (me & credit cards parted company a long time ago
wink.gif
)....?

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #6 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Housing is 3cm incl. Shure olive tip, medium.
Hope that helps!
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks. take a look at attached picture please. do you think a normal ear like mine has a 3 cm! room where i pointed? whats your opinion? do that (flip flop) work for you well and or does it bother you in end point?
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

well i think if i go with UEs i should buy a bunch of ear tips from several brands
to guarantee their fit
wink.gif
every body recommend something and i'll keep yours in mind
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #8 of 76
What your pic doesn't take into account is that the tip is not showing to the outside world. To illustrate, on my ears the UE logo on the driver housing is half obscured when I have them in (either U or E is showing). Also, your pic looks like they're laying flat against your ear: they don't, they're more like 90ish degrees straight out from your ear. Have a look on the UE website for their strange little video!
I haven't tried the flip mod -I should give it a go, but generally I've found the Trips fit me pretty well...

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #9 of 76
Hey Al4x -the cute rat is gone!

Aw, I liked him!

Apr 4, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #11 of 76
Quote:

What your pic doesn't take into account is that the tip is not showing to the outside world. To illustrate, on my ears the UE logo on the driver housing is half obscured when I have them in (either U or E is showing). Also, your pic looks like they're laying flat against your ear: they don't, they're more like 90ish degrees straight out from your ear. Have a look on the UE website for their strange little video!
I haven't tried the flip mod -I should give it a go, but generally I've found the Trips fit me pretty well...

well I think I'll get a fine seal from standard mod but it stick out of ear and flip-flop mod is a low-profile style like shures (as I drawed in picture).
Can you test the flip flop mode and tell me how it looks please?
Ultimate Ears - super.fi MOD
is it comfy? does it laying flat against your ear?

Apr 4, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #13 of 76
Just tried it by popping the R driver flipped into my L ear...yep, very comfy & yep, lays flat.

And just to clarify the measurements: w/out taking the tip into account the driver housing is 2cm near as dammit.

Apr 4, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #14 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it does lay flat, it sortof sits in that recess in your ear

Quote:

Just tried it by popping the R driver flipped into my L ear...yep, very comfy & yep, lays flat.

And just to clarify the measurements: w/out taking the tip into account the driver housing is 2cm near as dammit.

very good news
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I though because of the UEs wider angle they dont lay on ear but 2 owners are hear and said they lay and they are comfy too
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

thank you friends. these information was so precious for me.I think UEs are more appropriate for me, so which kind of extra ear tips u recommend to buy?
dear antonyfirst said complyt400, i'll buy it if be available in UK but any more recomendation?

Apr 4, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #15 of 76
Shure olives are my current fave, but I'd like to try the Complys...
I don't mind the UE silicon (the black ones)...
My ears don't like flanges, but yours may. Just try a load of tips cos every ear is sacred...er, different! Sorry, had a Python moment there...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back