SE530 need burn-in, etc?
Jan 21, 2009 at 2:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ramstryke

Head-Fier
Woohoo, just got my new 530s!! I wanted to make sure I raise them right..
tongue.gif
how should I care for them. I dont expect to be buying $$$ IEMs often..
tongue.gif

Do they need burn-in or any special initial care?

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 6
They should be great right out of the box! I found the best sounding and confortable tips were the black foam ones. Hope you enjoy them and I am enjoying mine. I will not be buying anymore IEM's for a long time too!

Bennett

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #3 of 6
From what I have read some of the 530's cables can start to crack after time. There are a few different reasons for this. Make sure that you clean the cables regularly if you work out with them or if you feel sweat on the cables. That can dry out the cable. Other wise enjoy
atsmile.gif
I know I do with mine!

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 6
They don't need any burn in and you should be wary about the cables behind the ears cracking. Congratulations on your purchase!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #5 of 6
oh you lucky lucky fella, I have been awaiting mine sorely now since the 4th, but they didnt turn up because apparently USPS lost the damn parcel, oh well the company are sending me some replacements. I hope your enjoying them, can you post some of your impressions on them just to hold me over untill i get mine!!!

Jan 21, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #6 of 6
I'm expecting my 530 to arrive tomorrow
wink.gif

From what I've read some have had an issue with the wires developing cracks. It been said that Shure has fixed the issue by using different rubber to wrap the wires. It also been recommended to clean you wires and maybe coat them with some kind of oil to keep them from cracking (something safe).

Good luck and enjoy. I look froward to seeing what mine sound like tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back