SE530 Made in China?
Jan 16, 2008 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

knebus

New Head-Fier
Hi!
I ordered a pair of SE53o on eBay. The seller is not a Shure authorized seller. On the bottom left corner of the outer plastic package there is a text printed that says "Made in China".
I would like to know if users in this forum who bought their SE500/530 from an authorized Shure dealer could check if that text is printed on their boxes too.
I wrote to Shure and asked where in Sweden to verify if they are authentic and the answer from Shure is that there is nobody who can do that in Sweden. After some more emails with Shure I got the reply that SE530 are manufactured in China.
/knebus

Jan 16, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 9
I believe Shure makes most of their IEM's in China now.
I no longer have my SE530's but I had two different pairs of E4's. One was made in Mexico, the other China. Shure is a huge company.

Jan 16, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #4 of 9
OP: Posts some pictures of the se530 and package we we can determine if it's fake or not. I'm wary of things made in China....

Jan 16, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #5 of 9
yes shure is a worldwide company, i got mine from amazon.co.uk themselves, not sure if they are classed as an authorised seller but i highly doubt they sell fakes. oh by the way mine are made in china also, se530 model tho

Jan 17, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #6 of 9
Hi!
Here are some pictures, unfortunately not very good ones. The box is made of brushed aluminium with bottom part natural, top part black anodized with a SHURE stamp. Down left corner is the text "made in china". Everything in the package seems to be top quality.
When I received the earphones I was not very impressed with the sound. I expected much better sound quality. I earlier ordered chinese fake? Sony MDR-EX082, cost approx. 19USD incl. shipping and they sound acceptable compared to SE530. It was not any big sound quality upgrading step for me. The main difference is the efficiency, SE530 is clearly much more efficient.
I got suspicious if these were fake and opened one of the earphones to check if there are multiple drivers or not. I was able to se two driver units bundled together. I sent these pictures to Shure but they could not validate it by just looking at the pictures. The bass might be two elements though it looks like one unit. I also saw something like looks like a SMD condensator as a crossover filter.
/knebus

Jan 19, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #7 of 9
Yes, Shure SE530's are made in China now, specifically they're manufactured in a factory just outside of Suzhou. My SE530 box reads "Made in China" on the lower left corner much like your picture shows. However, mine doesn't have the french text. Could just be different packaging for different markets.

Are all the accessories included? Any spelling mistakes in the manual? Those are usual hints of a fake. If possible, take the box to an authorized Shure shop and have them check it out. Best of luck.

Jan 19, 2008 at 10:13 AM Post #8 of 9
I think, judging from the packaging, it looks legit.

Was the SE530 meant to be able to open up like that? hope you didn't damage a pair of legit $300+ IEM!

Jan 19, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #9 of 9
nice one, yeh they seem legit, take a few more pics of the insides from different angles, ive always wondered how its held together inside compared to customs, looks a bit untidy but certainly dont sound untidy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back