SE530 help
Oct 5, 2007 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

choomanchoo

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi guys and gals ,I recently picked up some SE530's, and even though 98% of me really likes them, The slight 2% lack of crisp is kinda making me miss my SR225's, the bass is grand with out a doubt, but maybe my treble hungry ears are asking for more, do you guys/gals have any ideas I could try to feed my hungry yet slightly deprived ears,
I do not have an amp, and maybe thats the prob, aggghhh!
blink.gif
help please,

To be used along with an 80 gig Classic, if that matters

Oct 5, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #3 of 7
I don't think changing tips won't help as much, but amping w/HQ interconnects may help some--but not by much either. The thing about e500/530s, once you heard better trebled phones you'll think almost always think them lacking.

I thought my e500 was superb and didn't have another hi-quality IEM to A/B with. But after one week on the ER4S{amped}, I couldn't bare to listen to the e500s anymore because I now know what I have been missing--the exciting highs. I can live with the controlled bass of Etys, but not the unbearable roll-offs of the Shures.

Oct 5, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think changing tips won't help as much, but amping w/HQ interconnects may help some--but not by much either. The thing about e500/530s, once you heard better trebled phones you'll think almost always think them lacking.

I thought my e500 was superb and didn't have another hi-quality IEM to A/B with. But after one week on the ER4S{amped}, I couldn't bare to listen to the e500s anymore because I now know what I have been missing--the exciting highs. I can live with the controlled bass of Etys, but not the unbearable roll-offs of the Shures.

PM me and I'll trade you my Ultrasone iCans, Beyer DT231 (see for sale forum), and throw in an extra $75 for your E500's

Oct 5, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PM me and I'll trade you my Ultrasone iCans, Beyer DT231 (see for sale forum), and throw in an extra $75 for your E500's

How many E500s does a man need?
icon10.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #7 of 7
how much do these go for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back