SE530 Color
Sep 18, 2007 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

invisiblegun

Head-Fier
Hey there, I'm interested in getting a pair of the SE530's but was wondering about the color. In all the review pictures I have seen, they are gold and black. However, on both Shure.com and Amazon they are fully black--what is the deal?

Sep 18, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #2 of 10
im very baffled by that aswell all i know is mine are gold, ive never actually came across a black pair or black and grey as they are seen, i think the colour is nice but it would have been nice to see some black ones

Sep 18, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 10
hm yeah, just read on ilounge that "Contrary to the many photographs of the SE530 that are out there, these earphones look basically identical to the copper-colored E500s, so don’t expect them to be silver and black."

So--still strange.

Sep 18, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 10
I think it's the lighting or something... I wish there was a black SE530.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 19, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 10
Neither Gold or Black, they are actually a mix of Bronze and Gold.

Dec 19, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 10
So the black and silver version, always depicted on the SE530's product pages on retailer sites, was never produced? If so, it is odd that they would depict the headphone as such (or, if a black and silver variety was originally intended to be produced, that they still present it as such and havn't updated/changed these pics to the metallic bronze)!

Dec 19, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #8 of 10
It's dark bronze colored, and personally, I really like it
smily_headphones1.gif

It's the hi-fi blingbling for my ears!

Dec 19, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's dark bronze colored, and personally, I really like it
smily_headphones1.gif

It's the hi-fi blingbling for my ears!

Oh I own a pair too lol! And I agree, it is a slick looking earphone and I really like both its aethetics and ergonomics! However, I always assumed I'd purchased a popular alternative coloured version (the metallic bronze) and that the silver and black existed, but just wasn't very popular or hadn't been produced in a while or something. To now find out it's never existed and that standard set of images of the SE530's that depict them in black and silver are erroneous just bemuses me
tongue.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #10 of 10
It's indeed a bit of a tease, showing us SE530's in black and silver.. that us mortals can't even buy!
But anyhow, the earpiece itself looks just great! The big, lumpy Y-split + extending cable is just sad.. a bit more low-pro would be fine, but THIS big? C'mon..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back