SE425 vs SE535 vs W30 vs W40
Jun 9, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #31 of 36
I literally listen to music more often now thanks to westone. They are awesome! I am so glad your experience was the same as mine! I am glad that you got the westone and not the shure because i bought both and was shurely disappointed with the shure and very happy with the westone. I just cant figure out why people like the shures so much because the sound is so dull sounding and uninspiring. Anyways i am so happy your enjoying the westones!

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #32 of 36
I literally listen to music more often now thanks to westone. They are awesome! I am so glad your experience was the same as mine! I am glad that you got the westone and not the shure because i bought both and was shurely disappointed with the shure and very happy with the westone. I just cant figure out why people like the shures so much because the sound is so dull sounding and uninspiring. Anyways i am so happy your enjoying the westones!

Nothing to hate about the Westones so far! They're also smaller than the SE215 even with triple drivers, and more comfortable! Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated :D

Mar 7, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #34 of 36
Yes the W40 is the only one I use because i am spoiled. I use them even when exercsing even though they are expensive but i hate listening to my beats and shure se 425s.

May 13, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #36 of 36
Yes the W40 is the only one I use because i am spoiled. I use them even when exercsing even though they are expensive but i hate listening to my beats and shure se 425s.

What tips did you eventually settle on for the W40?

I find all the black and red True Fit foams to fit, tho they cause considerable pressure & prioritize the low end, while attenuating the highs.

The biggest STAR tips, orange do fit, but they are HUGE. However I feel like I get a fantastic seal and the highs aren't impeded. Sound seems bigger and more spacious as well.

Twister6 recommended the Shure silicon in large:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0024N8GB6/

So I'm going to try those next.

I'm also in the hunt for the foam Shure olive without the wax guard. I have a pair of mediums and they "almost" fit. They're far more comfortable than the Westone foams and don't seem to mess with the sonic as much. I think a wax guard less Shure Olive Foam in large would be good times...if I can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back