SE425 vs SE535 vs W30 vs W40
May 17, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #16 of 36
They still sound very good, especially with jazz music.  Sound is crystal clear and balanced and I notice that I find them more enjoyable at higher volumes.  The little controller for the phone is a little tough to use.  I noticed that the sound vary depending the ear piece you use so the fit is critical for the sound.  I think the Shure ear pieces are better than the Westone.

Again, Westone told me they have a 30 day no questions asked policy so I dont think you have anything to lose.  Shure doesnt have such guarantee.

Let me know what you think once you purchase them.  I am curious to see what others think.

Thanks for the reply! I will be sure to do that once I get my hands on them :D

May 18, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #17 of 36
Be warned this habit can be addictive and costly 
gs1000.gif

May 21, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #19 of 36
  Be warned this habit can be addictive and costly 
gs1000.gif

Hey there! I was just gonna ask you a quick question. How big of a difference will I hear between the W40 and say something like the Shure SE215. I don't want to drop $500 right away before knowing that it WILL be worth it. How are you enjoying it so far btw? :D 

Edit: I will be listening to 320 kbps tracks and eventually FLAC without an AMP or DAC just through my PC and my Note 4.

May 21, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #20 of 36
I think the w40 is very good but like you said 500 is a steep price. I paid 399 with free 1 day shipping. I can tell you that i do enjoy them and listen music more because it sounds good. I dont have the 215 so i cant comment the difference. If your satisifed with the 215 i would not spend more money. I use an iphone and itunes.

May 23, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #21 of 36
Just got my 425 back and they still sound like crap. W40 is way way better much smoother sound. I know the w40 cost more but the difference is significant. The 425 just sounds dull.

Jun 1, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #23 of 36
Just got my 425 back and they still sound like crap. W40 is way way better much smoother sound. I know the w40 cost more but the difference is significant. The 425 just sounds dull.

Hello once again :p I ordered the Westone W30 after reading a lot of reviews, and it seems like it was a better choice than the W40 for me. Anyways, I'm coming from the SE215 and this is the first expensive IEM I've bought, so I'm hoping it will be worth it! I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives.

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #25 of 36
How do you like yhe w30? I got the w40 for 399 which is the same retail price as the w30. The se425 still do sound dull compared to the w40

I'm still waiting for it to arrive. It's in the country but customs in my country sometimes hold shipments for days and days with no good reason :/ As soon as I get it I'll get back to you :D

Jun 9, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #28 of 36
I think you will be pleased if they sound like tge w40. I dont think i will ever waste my money on the shure. Paid around 324 and disatisfied with the shure and paid 399 for the w40 and love them.

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #29 of 36
I think you will be pleased if they sound like tge w40. I dont think i will ever waste my money on the shure. Paid around 324 and disatisfied with the shure and paid 399 for the w40 and love them.

From all the reviews I've read, the W30 and W40 are very similar. I'm coming from the SE215 so any of them will work wonders for me :p They might be shipped to me today I can't wait anymore!

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #30 of 36

They just arrived! Spent the last 20 mins trying different tips, and ended up with the black marked foam tip. Played some music and...wow. Never knew music could sound this good! It's actually insane! Plugged it into my FiiO E10K and every track I've tried so far sounds extraordinary. I'm surprised by the soundstage never had headphones or earphones with such an amazing soundstage, I can literally pinpoint every instrument! Totally worth the couple of weeks of research upon this point :D! So happy right now haha :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back