SE425? Or something different
Aug 22, 2017 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PanicMaster85

New Head-Fier
my price range is max of $300 I want to have a strong soundstage and clear mods/highs. Having bass would also be a major plus bus the soundstage is more important.

Another note is that I treat my earbuds very harshly, so a detachable cable is almost necessary. Oh and I sleep with earbuds in so it can't be too bulky or annoying.

I used the SE215 for about 2 years and loved the fit, but they broke.

Thanks imam dvance for amy help! :D

Aug 22, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 5
my price range is max of $300 I want to have a strong soundstage and clear mods/highs. Having bass would also be a major plus bus the soundstage is more important.

Another note is that I treat my earbuds very harshly, so a detachable cable is almost necessary. Oh and I sleep with earbuds in so it can't be too bulky or annoying.

I used the SE215 for about 2 years and loved the fit, but they broke.

Thanks imam dvance for amy help! :D
Maybe check out a Dunu DN 2000J and see what you think. It could potentially work. The SE425 would also probably work for you, in all likelihood. Soundstage is not spectacular, but quite good, IMO. The Campfire Orion would be almost ideal sonically, IMO, but I don't think you could sleep in them comfortably. Lastly, maybe check out the 1More Quad Driver--it may be an option as well.

Aug 22, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 5
The se425's wont have as of warm of a sound signature as the 215's so keep that mind. I'd recommend the Fiio F5 however, have heard very good things about there soundstage.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 5
For roughly the same price you can get the Oriveti New Primacy, it has very clean slightly forward mids, an airy sound with well extended highs. The bass is not lacking either, with excellent extension. It is like the SE425 but cleaner, airier and with better extension on each end.

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #5 of 5
thanks for the replies guys! So I decided to take some more hours recently at my job so that I could raise my budget to about $500, if that would make a large difference.

The Oriveti New Primacy sounds fantastic and seems to fit all of my requirements very well, do you think with the 200$ new budget bump it may be worth looking into things like a portable amp/dac or maybe even custom tips? Or can the 200 be used in to increase my performance more effectively.

The Fiio F5 look like nice earbuds, but they lack the replaceable cable and also don't seem to be quite as premium as I'm looking for considering the single driver.

Oh also, anything OneDriver I don't care for, I tried their triple driver and it was really bad for me. The soundstage/seperation was not for me and the not replaceable cable was a deal breaker (I figured this might help you understand what kind of things I'm looking for).

Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back