Se215 Alternative?
Sep 10, 2016 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

locke9342

New Head-Fier
What are some better IEMs for overall listening? 

Price range: $60- $120 although less would be preferable

Things I've been looking at : Westone um pro 10, Etymotic mc5 (Mainly because I wanted to try their isolation), and the Sennheiser Momentum.

All opinions are welcome. 

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 7
Wow, I'm really surprised that no one has made any suggestions in 6 hours.
As for me, the RHA ma750 is my reccomendation. Good bass with emphasis on the sub bass, great sound stage, instrument seperation, and wonderful clarity. Only one drawback, they take a super long burn in. Yes, like a fine wine, they can only get better as they age.
Oh and they're built like a tank, have a 3 year warranty.

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 7
Funny you should mention the RHA 750 being a tank, because my friend actually has a pair and he has destroyed them. They actually sound really great, but in the past 6 hours I've come to realize I want to stick toward s the 60 range and I want something that is good for walking. Meaning the etymonics are out: I imagine them being terrible for anything other than sitting down, but correct me if I am wrong. Also right now I think the RE 400 are my main candidate 

Sep 10, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 7
Funny you should mention the RHA 750 being a tank, because my friend actually has a pair and he has destroyed them. They actually sound really great, but in the past 6 hours I've come to realize I want to stick toward s the 60 range and I want something that is good for walking. Meaning the etymonics are out: I imagine them being terrible for anything other than sitting down, but correct me if I am wrong. Also right now I think the RE 400 are my main candidate 

Well your friend has a gift I suppose. I on the other hand have managed to have them catch on everything from a door handle to my shoe. They have held up well so far.
In that price range:

I can't help you son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back