SE Wisconsin Meet Feb 19th
Feb 2, 2006 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Jose Perez

100+ Head-Fier
Well hello everyone. After getting a small bit of feedback on what days work best it looks like Sunday the 19th of February is the only day during the next few weeks that has no direct conflicts for folks to attend.

The meet will be held at my apartment in Waukesha, WI (a Western suburb of Milwaukee for those that aren't familiar with the area) and I'll say a tentative start time of 11AM-Noon until whenever. Melissa said she will help provide snacks to all but will dissappear as soon as the first person shows. There is ample parking at my apartment complex and it should be pretty easy to find. The walls are very thick and well insulated so there shouldn't be any worries of bothering the neighbors. Please PM me for an address and phone number.

I have a pretty good amount of counter and table space available as well as a fold up table I can bust out if necessary. I don't have anything additional in the way of power cords or strips or conditioners or what have you so you are on your own for that gear. I'll keep an updated list of what all gear folks plan on bringing, just include that in your PMs.

Thanks to all in advance and I hope to meet up with a few of you in a few weeks.

Attendees
Me
ScubaSteve87
Audiosceptic
mjb

Headphones:
AKG K501's
AKG 271
Senn HD 480
Senn PX100
Shure E4
Audio Technica AD2000
Headphile modded Grado SR225
Sony CD3000
Senn HD650

Amps:
Millet Hybrid with Diamond Buffers
Moth S2a3
Rega Ear

Source Components:
Yamaha 5-Disk
iRiver HP120

Anything Else:
Lite Dac-ah
Benchmark DAC1
A few laptops
Sony D-33

Feb 4, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 16
bump it

Feb 5, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 16
I'm pretty sure I can be there. I just ordered a Cary 300SEI that could be interesting to hear. I'll also bring my portable rig if anyone is interested. PM me for any specific requests in my profile.

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 16
Not sure if I will be getting off of work but I usually am off on Sundays so I think i can make a 2hour drive easily..

Not sure If I will go cause of the cinnci meet that Saturday after (driving alot that week) but who knows...

Not even sure what I would bring if I went..

i guess the point of my post is being not sure about anything...surely!

Feb 6, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
Not sure if I will be getting off of work but I usually am off on Sundays so I think i can make a 2hour drive easily..

Not sure If I will go cause of the cinnci meet that Saturday after (driving alot that week) but who knows...

Not even sure what I would bring if I went..

i guess the point of my post is being not sure about anything...surely!

The invite is open if you do decide to make it up here.

Feb 7, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #7 of 16
Man, I'm bummed out. The weekend of the 19th is the only weekend I'm out of town in February and I started the idea of a Wisconsin meet. Oh, well... I should have responded earlier. Been very busy with the band. I'll be in Florida that weekend so at least I'll be warm
wink.gif

Hopefully someday I'll be able to listen to decent headphones that I can't afford. No good audiophile stores in the Fox Valley
frown.gif

Have fun guys. Crank 'em up for me!

Feb 9, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #9 of 16
Lt_Core said:
Man, I'm bummed out. The weekend of the 19th is the only weekend I'm out of town in February and I started the idea of a Wisconsin meet. Oh, well... I should have responded earlier. Been very busy with the band. I'll be in Florida that weekend so at least I'll be warm
wink.gif

Same problem here
frown.gif
. I'll also be in Florida then.

Feb 9, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
Same problem here
frown.gif
. I'll also be in Florida then.

Any coincidence you'll be in Ft. Lauderdale at the Lasso Summit? That's where I'm going. Programmers in the sun!

Feb 9, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt_Core
Any coincidence you'll be in Ft. Lauderdale at the Lasso Summit? That's where I'm going. Programmers in the sun!

Nope.....a family excursion to visit the money hungry mouse.

Though, a programmer's conference sounds like fun......Zzzzzzzz
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
Nope.....a family excursion to visit the money hungry mouse.

Though, a programmer's conference sounds like fun......Zzzzzzzz
biggrin.gif

This is actually going to be a good conference, not your typical snoozer. Plus programming pays the bills
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #14 of 16
hmm well we might have a problem on my end for the meet. I sort of just put all my gear up for sale today and I really wasn't expecting to have it all gone by sunday, but its looking like it might all be gone by tommarow
eek.gif

so yeah, I would still want to come, but I might not have anything to bring!!!

Feb 17, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #15 of 16
Still plenty of time and room if anyone is still thinking about coming out. It's supposed to be VERY cold here this weekend so this is all the more reason to stay inside listening to some sweet music on a good set of headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back