SE-N7 II or MDR-G64SL or comparable over the head headphones?
Oct 13, 2004 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dak125

New Head-Fier
Whats up Hi-Fi. Great site you guys have here, I've been leeching off this info on and off for quite sometime. I figured it was about time to start asking some questions and perhaps contributing with what feeble knowledge I do have.

So, here we go. What I'm looking for? Earphones are the worst invention ever in my humble opinion. I just got an iRiver IHP-120 and like all other earphones ever created, they don't work. They fall out, the cords are unequal lengths and I have to continually mess with them to keep them in. So, I don't want any type of earphone. I'm looking for a portable headset. A small form factor that can be folded up would be ideal. I use a over the head style for my computer gaming needs and have become quite comfortable with that style. With that in mind I headed over to Audio Cubes (which I found via here) and came up with the following two posssiblities. I really wanted to keep the price around $40. My untrained ear wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a $40 set and a $400 set so I wanted to start out rather low.

Pioneer SE-N7 II-the only thing I could find about these were for their original brethren. Any opinions on these would be great.

Sony MDR-G64SL-picked these because they fit my budget and are over the head style. Once again opinions would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any other suggestions I'd be more than happy to check them out. Any reviews or anything you can find would rock too.

Thanks in advance
etysmile.gif
(nice smilies btw
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Oct 13, 2004 at 10:50 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450
The Sony's arent over the head...They're behind the neck.

Interesting....would you happen to have a picture similar to how those would look on a person? I don't think I've ever seen something like that.

I would grab a picture of my current PC headset but it appears that Labtec doesn't make them anymore and they're back at home right now to take a picture.

Oct 13, 2004 at 11:11 PM Post #4 of 8
Is there any reason why you're primarily intrested in those headphones? The Koss PortaPro and Sennheiser PX100 are both great over-the-head headphones that sound great, and can be had for under $50. The Koss KSC-35 and KSC-75 are ear clip phones that would probably work as well (and many people say they have higher sound quality than the PortaPros, despite being less expensive).

Oct 14, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #6 of 8
The Koss clip-ons I mentioned can only be found at the Koss website for now (though there have been some rumors of the KSC-75 appearing in some RadioShack B&M stores). The QZ50 doesn't seem to have been mentioned here at all after doing a quick search, and I haven't heard them myself, but based on Koss' reputation I wouldn't hold out too much hope for them (most Koss cans are poor for their price, with the PortaPro-based line being the exception). The KSC50 is pretty good, but the KSC-35 is supposedly much more comfortable and sounds better, while the KSC-75 sounds better yet and is more comfortable. I don't have either but they're suppost to sound very similar to the PortaPro (their drivers use a similar design) and I can tell you my PortaPros sound great for the price, especially if you're a fan of bass.

Oct 14, 2004 at 11:01 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
The Koss clip-ons I mentioned can only be found at the Koss website for now (though there have been some rumors of the KSC-75 appearing in some RadioShack B&M stores). The QZ50 doesn't seem to have been mentioned here at all after doing a quick search, and I haven't heard them myself, but based on Koss' reputation I wouldn't hold out too much hope for them (most Koss cans are poor for their price, with the PortaPro-based line being the exception). The KSC50 is pretty good, but the KSC-35 is supposedly much more comfortable and sounds better, while the KSC-75 sounds better yet and is more comfortable. I don't have either but they're suppost to sound very similar to the PortaPro (their drivers use a similar design) and I can tell you my PortaPros sound great for the price, especially if you're a fan of bass.

The KSC35 is better than KSC75 is you like bass. KSC-35 has more.

Oct 16, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #8 of 8
Sorry for not posting back sooner. Thanks for the responses.

I just dropped quite a bit of cash on a PC so whatever headphones I get gotta be cheap! (Anyone interested in an extra Dell 2001FP
cool.gif
). I'll check out the Koss' mentioned.

Thanks again and any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back