SE Florida Meets?
Apr 14, 2011 at 7:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

iceshark

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I've never been to a meet before and as much as I don't mind asking about the details or what happens, I am really interested in trying out some headphones in the 50-100 dollar range. I had my eyes on the Grado SR225i's, but I want to know what else is out there and what there is that might fit me better, or just see how the Grados fair. I can travel as far south as probably Miami and as far north as possibly Stuart, if need-be. I might be able to make the plunge and go farther, but first I'd like to know if there is anything coming up. PS Anything I should know about meets?

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #5 of 35
I can't, sorry. But if there is anything going on, just notify me and I'll be happy to come. I'm patient enough. Do you know where I can demo a pair of Grados, if I am unable to get to a meeting?

May 30, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #7 of 35
I would like to go. Have not been to a meet in a long time. I'm in Palm Bay. Lets get together

James

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #9 of 35
Same here, I'm in Fort Lauderdale and would love to try other gear. My rig is being built very slowly as I have a wedding and a house to buy in the next couple months. So far I have an LCD2 and a Audio-GD Reference One DAC, still no amp. I know there are some members in South Florida that have plenty of Woo gear, Little Dot, Schiit, and much more.

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #10 of 35
Heya,

I'd really enjoy a hifi meet. I'm in Florida. Can go anywhere in Florida for the day (or two) essentially. I work weekends though, my best day is probably Wednesday out of the week until December (I work full time and I still take classes). I'll go anywhere within 4 hours roughly for a small or large meet. I don't have flag ship material. But anyone interested in the middle ground, I have stuff (Matrix Cube DAC, Little Dot MK III, DT990, HD580, Pro 900, etc). I'm very free in August Monday through Thursday. End of August, I'm down to only Wednesday for a long distance meet.

So if anyone is interested in meeting in August, I'd be down for anywhere in the State Monday through Thursday.

Very best,

Jul 14, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #11 of 35
I think we'll see one in SoFlo in September
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #13 of 35
oh YAHHH.....nummy is coming back to soflo?

I can smell the weekend meets already..

Sorry i missed you last time nummy, mikey told me next weekend and it was during the week, so i figured it was the week after the one coming up.

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #15 of 35
Hey miguel, long time man =)

Ive been really busy with work and riding on the weekends. I have Carl's number, havent got a message from him, unless he has changed his number. I was working 2 jobs for some time...trying to get caught up with bills and trying to save to buy a condo. I swapped jobs a bit, was working at the restaurant + hotel....then switch from Law firm and hotel together....now i just work full time at the law firm. My office is about 2 miles from mikey's.

We do need to get something together soon, its been way too long. Maybe plan something on case with JP/Mikey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back