SD Card MP3players ?
Jan 24, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #16 of 23
I'm a big fan of the Panasonic SD players. Got a SV-sd85 as well as a SV-sd100. They both take full size sd cards- up to 2gb. ( i've customised an altoids tin which takes the player, 4 or 5 of the 2gb cards plus a couple of spare batteries!! NEAT.) The 100 has got a built in fm radio too - plus mic to record. Whole player about 1 inch square too - so amazingly tiny. Wear it on a neck lanyard.

Both take a small replaceable nimh rechargeable - found replacement/spares on the web for £4.50 each. They last about 12/14 hrs constant playing though. The 85 has a waterproof plastic cover as an accessory -which I bought cos it takes a AAA battery (as well as having the built in - but swappable nimh) Only downside I'd say is that to get music on and off the player you have to use Panasonics SD Jukebox programme. Cant do straight drag and drop. (As someone used to Sony's Sonicstage ............... not a mega prob IMHO. LOL!!)

Hope this helps.

Jan 24, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #17 of 23
Why exactly is there a limit on SD card sizes?

Jan 25, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #18 of 23
I bought few mp3 players(4G, 5G ipod, 2G nano, zen micro photo, zen vision:M, Samsung YP-k5 and YP-T9) and my fav are K5, T9 which shows rich details in mids with clear highs and deep bass on my E4c, SF5pro(straight out to the headphones jack). Samsung's these two mp3 players are realy good with long battery life and color screen. Iam also looking forward to buy Cowon D2 which has exc sound quality and battery life.

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #20 of 23
How about something like the HP iPaq rx4240 Mobile Media Companion.
fa782aa_150.gif

http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/h...A782AA%2523ABA

Not sure on sound quality but the specs look impressive.

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #21 of 23
Feb 19, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just saw this over at Engadget : the new iRiver X20, which takes microSD cards. It supposedly features a removable battery. Nice!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/16/i...osed-in-japan/

[EDIT] Doesn't look like there will be drag & drop support.. I might just get one anyways though. There's a good write-up about it here: http://www.pocketsynch.com/portable-...ifies-the-x20/

My iRiver has lasted me years but is finally starting to go thanks to some bad hardware stops with windows, so I've been looking for something new that will match my old one in sound and is quite a bit larger (2gb+)
The design of the mini joystick is gone now to, it finally looks they have made a better one with flat buttons and an easier central play button. It looks like it will be nice but no word on dimensions or battery life in the reviews I seen.

We'll see how the rest of the specs play out as it releases, I'm thinking I'll want to buy one regardless as soon as they are available. Thanks for showing me this one, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back