Screw Westone >:(
Jun 27, 2011 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

majurglery

100+ Head-Fier
Well just one month out of warranty, both low freq drivers on my ES3X break and will now cost $165 to repair. Needless to say im very mad, seeing as I payed out the anus for these customs, but silly me for thinking $850 customs could stay working for longer than a year. Anyway, last time I ever buy a Westone product. JH audio is looking quite nice right about now... /end rant

Jun 27, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 4
At least they still offer you the option to fix it. I've seen companies that after the warranty period, don't care what problems you have and you basically just have to buy a new product.

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 4
Either way I am still very disappointed with Westone, not only at the repair price, but the fact that the product broke. I spent a long time saving for these and took great care of them. I realize that it could be just a fluke or random breakdown, but I was told that BOTH sides low freq driver were broken, while I only observed ONE side with the sound problem.  The begs the question should Westone have practiced better quality control of their driver since both sides of the same driver broke at the same time? In any case, it will be the last Westone product I will ever buy, and I am even contemplating not repairing them and sending them to Unique Melody, or another service for reshelling/addition of drivers, but that will no doubt cost more. Had i known there was even a slight chance of driver failure in these westone customs, i would have never purchased them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back