Screw on mini to 1/4 plugs?
Apr 7, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 15
yeah I would be interested as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #3 of 15
You mean a screw at the end of the cable that you can attach either size plug onto? Ive seen those before and would be interested in buying one for whenever i get around to recabling my im716.

Apr 7, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #5 of 15
I'm almost 100% sure they're push on.
wink.gif

If no one knows I may be able to help you, I have a spare one floating around on my bookshelf I think.

Apr 7, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #6 of 15
Actually, I own two pairs of cans with screw on adapters, one being the PRO700 pictured above, and the other being a Beyer DT250 - they are definitely not push-on, unless push on is a term I'm not familiar with - I'm no expert.

Oh and to make matters a little muddier, they don't seem to be universal, as the threads from my Audio-Technica and Beyer plugs are not compatible.

Apr 7, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #7 of 15
Hmmm... I'm probably wrong then. Those just look identical to that spare one I have which is just a push on one. I don't have DT880s though and now that I squint I can see what could be a thread on the mini plug, so well if you need a push on one, I have a spare. If not, you're out of luck.

Apr 7, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #8 of 15
Yeah you're wrong. I own a Senn HD 280 Pro and it has a screw on.. I lost it and i'm using a "push on" as a substitute. Sure feels like the mini plug is going to snap!

Apr 7, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 6 screw on adapters that go from 1/8in to 1/4in. If interested send me a PM.

-Alex-

Hey Alex, that's a great offer, and if I were just missing the adapter, I'd jump on one (actually, might be handy to have a spare). The sad thing is, I'm looking for both the screw on adapter AND the 3.5 plug it pairs with. I want to make a new cable for my DT250 - I find the screw on adapter/plug combos really handy as I am constantly switching between different gear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I lost it and i'm using a "push on" as a substitute. Sure feels like the mini plug is going to snap!

Exactly!

Apr 7, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #11 of 15
If anybody ever finds a vendor for these things, please let us know, because so far it appears that the threaded 3.5mm plug is only available in a molded OEM configuration.

Which is why I'm buying four or five HD485 cables from Sennheiser. Not that this will help you with your DT-250 -- don't they have the headset-style replacable cord, like the DT-290?

Apr 7, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by phosfiend /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I own two pairs of cans with screw on adapters, one being the PRO700 pictured above, and the other being a Beyer DT250 - they are definitely not push-on, unless push on is a term I'm not familiar with - I'm no expert.

Oh and to make matters a little muddier, they don't seem to be universal, as the threads from my Audio-Technica and Beyer plugs are not compatible.

Except for the K400/K500 which use bigger threads, my AKG and Beyer adapters are compatible with each other.

Apr 19, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #15 of 15
Someone really needs to make a DIY 1/8 TRS connector with a threaded 1/4" adapter.

FWIW... I have used the DT770 adapter on my K240s and MDRV6, and I have used the sony V6 adapter on my K240s and DT770. So, at least there is already some degree of standardization in this design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back