Screw me. Denon D1000s are painful.....
Aug 16, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marximus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, looks like the 240s doesn't look so hot.

What do you mean by look? Physical appearance? Sonically? Sonically, the 240s are better than the KSC75, cleaner, and better extension. Your req was in comparison to the KSC75. It's a good sounding phone, but it's not in the same league as the K240S. it's definitely a step up. Physical appearance? Well, whatever floats your boat I guess, I have no idea what that would be.

I'm not sure about the SR660, I've never heard them and have no intention of ever doing so. 555 doesn't sound like the KSC75 neither, quite different to me.

You realize you are changing your requirements as you post?
wink.gif
I find them extremely comfortable, but I haven't tried the triports. What makes you say, in such a strenuous manner, that they aren't as comfortable? Do you have first hand experience with the K240S?

So, now you want thumping bass and comfort? DT990, but that's out of your price range. HD485 sounds like it would fit too. There's more bass than K240S according to reviews, but I have no first hand experience like with the K240S.

I suggest you try on and listen to the K240S *and* the HD485 yourself before you decide. Anyway, the decision is yours. If you want the triports, get the triports. If you want the 555, get the 555. What you've seen with the D1000 is that not everybody is the same. Take reviews/posts into consideration but you *really* should try things out if there's any way that you can.

Also, aren't the SR660 circumaural? If so, and you have them, I don't get your post about needing circumaural.

Aug 16, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #18 of 26
Hmm. Crap, you've called me out on everything. Good job
smily_headphones1.gif
. I guess I was reading reviews that the 240s wasn't stellar, sonically speaking. And I've seen pictures of the 240s; it doesn't look like they'd have very deep cups. I chose the D1000s, because everybody who had them said they were some of the most comfortable headphones they'd tried. I don't see how I could argue with that. I don't have a lot of options to demo things; it was nice that they had a Bose kiosk at Target. Yes, the SR660s are circumaural, but they're $8 headphones, and I'm looking for something a little more high-quality. I guess, in the end, my criteria are clarity, impact, hecka comfortable, circumaural for under $125.

Aug 16, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #19 of 26
If you can make it to a Guitar Center, you may be able to audition what they have (many people do). Sennheiser is a very popular headphone brand, as is AKG (and the K240S). They should have them, but give them a call.

I don't know your area, so I can't give you any more ideas about where to go.

Aug 16, 2007 at 11:14 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disiskurt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Closed does not compete with open in a quiet environment. If noise isn't a factor, open is definitely the way to go.

That's not true, I guess it's very individual. In addition, some very expensive and highly regarded headphones are closed so I don't think the statement is a fair one.

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #24 of 26
My younger cuzin had such floppy ears, he had some small surgery. Now, he can come out and play soccer, even during the breezy autumn days, never ever fearing getting stuck in a tree again. Funny anecdote, but I am not suggesting you go change your image just for looks. However, if your ears are keeping you from enjoying some of the finest fruits of the head-fi kingdom, snip snip! Chop, chop! I mean, rumour has it Van Gogh got headphones for his last binaural birthday. Go figure!

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by cling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My younger cuzin had such floppy ears, he had some small surgery. Now, he can come out and play soccer, even during the breezy autumn days, never ever fearing getting stuck in a tree again. Funny anecdote, but I am not suggesting you go change your image just for looks. However, if your ears are keeping you from enjoying some of the finest fruits of the head-fi kingdom, snip snip! Chop, chop! I mean, rumour has it Van Gogh got headphones for his last binaural birthday. Go figure!

LOL! stuck in trees? What! LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back