Screw it! I did my searching...NEW PHONES!
Jan 29, 2009 at 4:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

thezfunk

New Head-Fier
There is just so much information here I can only digest so much. Since I am a noob when it comes to headphones I need to just ask.

I have a old pair of Sony headphones. About 10 years old in fact. I have thought about getting a new pair for awhile. I probably need closed headphones since noice leaking out isn't going to work for where I wear them.

I game, listen to music, voice. I would use them on my computer at LAN parties, iPhone, laptop. I was thinking aroundish 100 bucks. That is flexible. I was looking at the Sennheiser HD280 or the Audio Technica ATH-A700 that I keep hearing aboot. I want clean even flat sound.

Everyone here throws out model numbers with no brands and many times I am left wondering who makes stuff!

I might get a portable amp down the road but not right away.

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by thezfunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is just so much information here I can only digest so much. Since I am a noob when it comes to headphones I need to just ask.

I have a old pair of Sony headphones. About 10 years old in fact. I have thought about getting a new pair for awhile. I probably need closed headphones since noice leaking out isn't going to work for where I wear them.

I game, listen to music, voice. I would use them on my computer at LAN parties, iPhone, laptop. I was thinking aroundish 100 bucks. That is flexible. I was looking at the Sennheiser HD280 or the Audio Technica ATH-A700 that I keep hearing aboot. I want clean even flat sound.

Everyone here throws out model numbers with no brands and many times I am left wondering who makes stuff!

I might get a portable amp down the road but not right away.

I know what you mean about everyone throwing around license plate numbers heheh. The first couple weeks reading this site I would just put it in google now I usually have an idea of what cans are being referred to.

Sorry I don't really have any suggestions.

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

I would use them on my computer at LAN parties, iPhone, laptop

you might want to consider phones meant for portable use. maybe read up on es7s over the a700s?

you have a wide choice for the sub 100$ price range, so its not like you're lacking in options.

hope this helps.

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #7 of 29
FSP Lans? IE do you need your headphones to have good positioning?

BTW, clean fairly flat sound that is closed is Equation RP21. If you don't want something so ridiculous looking, ES7. (or obviously the mentioned A700)

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #8 of 29
DT-770/80 Pro for the gaming and isolation. Music is good with them too of course.

Feb 10, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you might want to consider phones meant for portable use. maybe read up on es7s over the a700s?

you have a wide choice for the sub 100$ price range, so its not like you're lacking in options.

hope this helps.

I think you're right. Portable would be nice. Being able to fold them flat is an excellent feature that I would take advantage of.

Feb 10, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FSP Lans? IE do you need your headphones to have good positioning?

BTW, clean fairly flat sound that is closed is Equation RP21. If you don't want something so ridiculous looking, ES7. (or obviously the mentioned A700)

The Equation RP21's fold flat? Do they come with a case or bag?

Feb 10, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

The Equation RP21's fold flat? Do they come with a case or bag?

Fold flat - yes. Case/bag - no. You can get one pretty easily though, not a rare accessory at all. Besides, I carry my MS1 unpackaged and that works just fine...(used to do that with Ultrasone Edition 9, I am sure someone would have wanted to hang me for that one xD).

Feb 10, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

I guess by 100ish I meant upward mobility too. I see tons of posts around here for headphones under $100. If $125 or $150 get me something that much better then so be it.

and it begins...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back