screenshot of your desktop
Dec 7, 2005 at 10:23 PM Post #46 of 93
untitled8se.jpg

Dec 8, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #53 of 93
Dec 8, 2005 at 12:22 AM Post #54 of 93
Dec 8, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #57 of 93
Here's one with Dashboard. The backround was done by Heirofslytherin over at Wincustomize.com, but he usually falls apart on the backround layers of his walls, so I'm fixing it up. It's a work in progress though and will be something more interesting than a gradient.

Yes, that's what I'm listening to in iTunes, only not in iTunes, on my home setup.

lcars.png

The second one is just the desktop. The theme doesn't match because I'm planning to use it with the wall in the first screenshot. The program launcher to the side is a nifty program called Dragthing. The wall is done by the same author as above, and he fell apart on the backround layer, so I snazzied it up but kept it minimal.

1701.png

Yeah, I'm on a trek kick, so sue me.
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #58 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakets
Wish i could ever get linux to install properly, theres always some problem with either the monitor (cant get correct resolution) or the wireless on my laptop..

Mandriva free is the latest one i tried, it had the best results also, not a bad OS if i can ever work it.

What version is that, dosent look the same as the one i used.

Well, it's Cooker (the unstable development version) but it probably looks different because the desktop is GNOME, and if you did a default install you likely got KDE. What problem did you have, and what hardware do you have? I work for Mandriva as (among other things) the support rep on the Club forums, so I can probably help out
smily_headphones1.gif
. PM or email me though, it's offtopic for this thread.

Dec 8, 2005 at 4:41 AM Post #59 of 93
Prepare to be amazed:
desktop.jpg

Note, this image will only work when Linux is booted up on this PC. If I ever have to go over to Windows for any reason, too bad. :p (Yes, I desperately need a server. I'll have to work on that.)

Later I'll show you my laptop, which is running Gentoo Linux. It looks much cooler.

P.S. Gentoo > all.

P.P.S. This is Debian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back