scratchy/distorted sound only in wav but not in CD...
Oct 4, 2013 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

uwedinho

New Head-Fier
So I ripped my cds with dbpoweramp and usually, either the first or last song will always have a few scratchy lines...its staticky, distorted or scratchy...however u call them...they aren there when I play the cd though...any ideas guys? Please help...

Oct 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 4
So I ripped my cds with dbpoweramp and usually, either the first or last song will always have a few scratchy lines...its staticky, distorted or scratchy...however u call them...they aren there when I play the cd though...any ideas guys? Please help...

Check and make sure you are ripping in Secure Mode.  Also, I feel like I get better quality rips when I set my ripping speed at x10 instead of Maximum.

Oct 7, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 4
Hmm...never though of that reducing the speed for a better rip....so where do i set the secure mode? it is available in dbpoweramp right?

thanks for your help by the way.

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #4 of 4
Hmm...never though of that reducing the speed for a better rip....so where do i set the secure mode? it is available in dbpoweramp right?

thanks for your help by the way.

Yep if you click on the "Options" button across the top, you should be able to switch between Burst Mode, Secure Mode and Defective By Design (I never use that one).

Then once I put the disc in, I switch the speed from Maximum to X10.  Not sure if it makes a difference, but it gives me peace of mind.  Seems like it does better when I rip slower.

Give it a shot and see how your rip turns out.

Also, what format are you using?  If you are using low bit rate lossy encoding, then it makes sense you would hear artifacts.  Try using FLAC, Apple Lossless, depending on what your device supports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back