Scratched CD's or DVD's? Interesting product may fix them...
Apr 3, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #16 of 18
For the life of me, I don't understand why people buy machines to do things that they can do themselves just as easily. And I don't know why people buy overpriced kits that contain tiny bottles of the same stuff you can buy at your local hardware store in huge bottles for much less money.

Meguiar's Plastic Polish and a soft rag. Wipe from the center to the outside edge. Rub a little bit where the deep scratches are. Let it dry and wipe off the residue. Brand new CD.

See ya
Steve

Apr 4, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot
For the life of me, I don't understand why people buy machines to do things that they can do themselves just as easily.

"Just as easily" is a relative statement isn't it? People buy machines to do things for them, and trying to judge what machine is actually worth paying for to do a certain task is something that each individual should judge for themselves. Its really great that you can polish CD's cheaply with a rag and some Maguire's, but that doesn't mean its the best solution to the problem of scratched CD's for everyone. I find it interesting that you are unable to understand why people buy machines that do things that they themselves could do; if I were motivated enough, I could hand-write this post to you in a letter and mail it to you, because surely the fact that I can do it makes it just as easy as writing it on my laptop and posting it on the web.

Apr 4, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
I wonder if there's something like that for Europe.

Why? Is Europe badly scratched?

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back