Scotland Meet 2008. (March 1st, see new thread)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2008 at 10:18 AM Post #32 of 36
I make it 5 weeks from tomorrow if were still on for the 8th march.
cool.gif

Has anyone let Duggeh know we're thinking of having it on this date?

Feb 2, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
I'm still popping by to read my favourite threads and keep up on things. I should hopefully be in attendance.

this was received on 1st of February 2008

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #35 of 36
OK here we go. Excuse the rather unorganized, fragmented nature of this post
biggrin.gif

I propose we have the meet at my flat in Edinburgh. There'll be free, open-air parking around the grounds.

The exact address is
20/2 East Suffolk Park
Edinburgh EH165PN

Living room:
I have a smallish living room which can accommodate a handful of people (six, seven or more?). There is one table which will be able to fit two to three rigs depending on the size. (I have no idea why the pictures turned out so dark)
p1070534qz3.jpg

p1070533od8.jpg

I can also move a round table from my kitchen out into the living room. We'll be able to put another one or two rigs on that, again, depending on the size.
p1070531iw5.jpg

My study:
There's my measly rig on it already but the desk is big enough for a second or third rig. The printer area can also be cleared making space for another rig?
p1070530qz4.jpg

Of course, I'll tidy up before you guys come.

And if we need more table space, I'll bring out the ironing board for the portable rigs
biggrin.gif

For those who want to stay the night at mine, I have three spare beds which I'll put in the living room.

Bed 1: Double sofa bed (satisfactory for a night)
Bed 2: Double blow-up/air bed (kinda comfy)
Bed 3: Double Ikea mattress (maybe a bit on the thin side tbh)

Those who have indicated the need for a bed are Duggeh, Bizzel and lisnalee. I cannot possibly put up more people unless some want to share beds/sleep on floor, etc... You guys can fight over which beds you want to sleep in. I am not sure I actually have enough duvets or mattress covers for everyone though because I normally live on my own!
eek.gif
It's never too late to pull out
wink.gif

There'll be wireless internet for you guys to connect up to. We can also order some pizza, etc...

This is my first time hosting a meet (+ I'm a student) so please excuse any inadequacies!

One request... can we move the meet date one week forward (ie 1 March)? I have a concert on the 9th and there is a chance I will have rehearsals on the 8th... Anyhow, I have orchestra rehearsals from 10:30am to 1:30pm on every Saturday so the meet can only begin at 2pm. Of course, if you guys want to come earlier I'll see if I can skip orchestra that week (probably won't be able to skip orchestra on the 8th though since it's the day before the concert).

I can almost definitely host it on the 1st, but I'm not 100% on the 8th...

Attendees so far (I think that's a good size):
lisnalee
SenjStevo
Duggeh
Bizzel
robbmcaulay
piotr z
Cid
HDen
Spiug31

I'm going to be starting a new thread (if Duggeh doesn't mind!) as soon as the date is confirmed so that I can control the OP.

Jul 11, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #36 of 36
Are there still any active Scottish member? I am based in Edinburgh and would love to meet other folk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back