Scotland Meet 2008. (March 1st, see new thread)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2008 at 11:37 AM Post #16 of 36
I have thought of my flat in Edinburgh. The living room is more or less empty and can accommodate a few people. The issue is how many people will come and how much gear will be around because I have limited table space. I will also have to get permission from my parents (who are ~6000 miles away in Hong Kong), not that they necessarily need to know
wink.gif

I don't mind traveling to other places, eg Glasgow, St Andrews, etc...

Jan 21, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #17 of 36
I live in my parents house just outside Edinburgh(Balerno) and it's pretty big but i doubt they would be impressed if i had a bunch of strangers over!

I'm gonna go try out a Graham Slee tomorrow maybe at Hi-fi corner. I'm pretty damn excited.

Hows Edinburgh treating you milkpowder? You been here for long?

Jan 22, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by SenjStevo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in my parents house just outside Edinburgh(Balerno) and it's pretty big but i doubt they would be impressed if i had a bunch of strangers over!

I'm gonna go try out a Graham Slee tomorrow maybe at Hi-fi corner. I'm pretty damn excited.

Hows Edinburgh treating you milkpowder? You been here for long?

This is my second year in Edinburgh and 6th in the UK. I'm loving it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To get the ball rolling i'll suggest a date for the meet.

How about Sat 8th March?

Sounds OK to me
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #21 of 36
382 miles by road :-/

I'll likely be coming up by train but this is going to hurt my wallet for sure! Would someone be able to offer a room for a night? March 8th sounds as good a date as any to me.

Gear-wise I'll be packing the 650s, the DAC1 and my Squeezebox plus the laptop.

Jan 24, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
382 miles by road :-/

I'll likely be coming up by train but this is going to hurt my wallet for sure! Would someone be able to offer a room for a night? March 8th sounds as good a date as any to me.

Gear-wise I'll be packing the 650s, the DAC1 and my Squeezebox plus the laptop.

Come stay with me
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #25 of 36
I cannot guarantee the utmost comfort, but you're welcome to come too! I have a spare double sofa bed and a double air bed. You'll both have to sleep in the living room though, if you guys don't mind
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:19 AM Post #27 of 36
I'm afraid two is really as many as I can take from a comfort point of view. I wouldn't ask my guests to sleep on the floor...

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #29 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cannot guarantee the utmost comfort, but you're welcome to come too! I have a spare double sofa bed and a double air bed. You'll both have to sleep in the living room though, if you guys don't mind

Thanks Milkpowder, very much appreciated
biggrin.gif
I dont mind sharing the room with Bizzel if he doesnt.

I'm wondering have we enough people agreed on the date and having the meet somewhere in or around edinburgh for me to book a flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back