Scientific Proof of Cable Burn-in
Nov 25, 2008 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

pataburd

Headphoneus Supremus
These sub-microscopic cross sections were taken with a new, electron scanning, "psycho-acoustic" imaging process:

------->------->-------> Direction of Signal ------->------->------->

After 0 hours:
: :) :) :) (

After 50 hours:
: |: |: |: |: |: |

After 100 hours:
: ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ) : )

Note that both the qualitative AND quantitative aspects of the cross sections show progressive, noticable improvement: not only are the sub-atomic particles transitioning from an unhappy to a happy state, but the number of these "marker" particles is also increasing.

These sub-microscopic pictures bear an uncanny resemblance to my own facial expressions over the break-in period.

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 22
It depends on which way you look at it.
tongue.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #4 of 22
Wow! Now I can rest easy! But first I have to go burn in the chair I sit in while listening as it's submicrosopic particles probably look like frowny faces.

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #6 of 22
Nov 25, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #7 of 22
Great post! I'm glad someone was finally able to document this. Did you submit the study to Stereophile yet?

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #8 of 22
He is being serious, he just recabled his K501 with an unflexible "cable" made of pure silver. It sounds so good, but he is now out to the doc to get his neck checked, the cable is just a bit too have and unflexible...
wink.gif

Check his other thread about the cable.

Guess if he doesn't notice a difference he can make a nice neckchain for his wife or gf for christmas out of it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is this a joke or serious? So hard to tell on the internet.
If it is real, can you supply the original pictures and/or a source?

I think the evidence speaks for itself. Good to know we can finally put this issue to rest.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #10 of 22
i expect that after a 200 hour burn in, it would be something along the lines of

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

500 hour would perhaps be

XDXDXDXDXD
XDXDXDXDXD
XDXDXDXDXD

which I suppose would be audio nirvana in terms of a qualitative analysis

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by smuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He is being serious, he just recabled his K501 with an unflexible "cable" made of pure silver. It sounds so good, but he is now out to the doc to get his neck checked, the cable is just a bit too have and unflexible...
wink.gif

Check his other thread about the cable.

Guess if he doesn't notice a difference he can make a nice neckchain for his wife or gf for christmas out of it.
smily_headphones1.gif

smuh,
My wife may fashion a noose out of it for me after she finds out how much it cost; that's IF she ever finds out. She already knows that I've got more invested in my headphone system than both our automobiles.
PAB

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smuh,
My wife may fashion a noose out of it for me after she finds out how much it cost; that's IF she ever finds out. She already knows that I've got more invested in my headphone system than both our automobiles.
PAB

Haha, hopefully it is as stiff as you mentioned in the other thread, souded like it would be close to impossible to make a noose out of it
wink.gif

The good thing is (at least it seems) that you enjoy the upgraded phones
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #14 of 22
lol.

as previously mentioned, i'm sure with very high end stuff, it eventually goes to

: D : D : D : D : D : D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back