School Project - Naming Headphones!
Apr 5, 2015 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

TRapz

500+ Head-Fier
For English class, I have a project that requires me to come up with a product and make an advertisement for it (we're studying ethos logos pathos). Of course, my product will be headphones. I don't need any help on the project, but I thought it'd be fun to see what Head-Fi'ers recommend I name the headphones. My name is Tom (which can be incorporated in if you'd like). The headphones will be super high-end headphones for the average consumer. I don't have any ideas right now and I don't have the design planned out. Any tips on designing the headphone would be awesome too. (We don't need to thoroughly design the product but.. why not?) Go ahead and have fun with it, my project is due on Wednesday, and I'll pick one that I want by Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Apr 5, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 16
  Auris

It's Latin for ear. lol. You could design it like a second ear...or something. XD

"Who needs to know you're wearing headphones? With Auris, nobody will; our patented ear-shaped design makes it look like you're not wearing any. They come in 516 varieties of colors for every skin tone, including Sunburnt and Extraterrestrial."

The headband will be customizable for different hairstyles of course 
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #5 of 16
Because of how often I see the phrase "endgame rig" on this forum, I propose my title for this headphone: The End.

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #6 of 16
Or you could take a page out of Sony's books and call them: "TOM-42MOL314159265PI" 
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #9 of 16
Take a page from Jason Stoddard and make a line of headphones specifically intended to pair with Schiit electronics. The company name could be something like: Tuurdz or Fluush

The headphone models could then be:

Dual-driver IEMs would be the "2-Ply" & triple-driver would be the "3-Ply".

Particularly smooooth sounding headphones would be the "NoCorn".

Airy-sounding open headphones would be the "Floaters".

Fun-sounding, portable headphones would be the "Little Squirts".

And, (of course), On-Ear headphones, would be the "Hemorrhoids".

Apr 6, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #10 of 16
  Or you could take a page out of Sony's books and call them: "TOM-42MOL314159265PI" 
tongue.gif

Maybe I could call them the Fony R3411Y-G00D-H34DF0N35 
tongue.gif

Take a page from Jason Stoddard and make a line of headphones specifically intended to pair with Schiit electronics. The company name could be something like: Tuurdz or Fluush
The headphone models could then be:
Dual-driver IEMs would be the "2-Ply" & triple-driver would be the "3-Ply".
Particularly smooooth sounding headphones would be the "NoCorn".
Airy-sounding open headphones would be the "Floaters".
Fun-sounding, portable headphones would be the "Little Squirts".
And, (of course), On-Ear headphones, would be the "Hemorrhoids".

Not sure how much my English teacher would appreciate this 
biggrin.gif

Beast by Dr. Bean

I was thinking of making some Beats knock-offs, maybe Cheats by Dr. Pay (of course, they'd cost tons of money)

Apr 6, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #11 of 16
Best choice:
phanTOM phones - Tom pun + plenty of character and marketing options

Other options:
Auditore - after Ezio, naturally
Dubnium [Db] - the atomic number of dubstep is 105

Apr 6, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #13 of 16
Best choice:
phanTOM phones - Tom pun + plenty of character and marketing options

Other options:
Auditore - after Ezio, naturally
Dubnium [Db] - the atomic number of dubstep is 105

I'm liking the phanTOM phones and the Dubnium; may actually go with the phanTOMs. I'll make a poll and everyone can vote.

Edit: How do I edit my original post to add a poll?

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #15 of 16

Click Edit Thread at the top. There is an option under the first post to add a poll.

I'm not seeing it, but that's fine.

I liked:
Auris
Dubnium
PhanTOM
Cheats by Dr. Pay

Go ahead and vote! Or suggest more or something. I'm liking PhanTOM and Cheats by Dr. Pay the most right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back