School is overrated! GH3 is the way to go!
Aug 17, 2008 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

apatN

Headphoneus Supremus
Wow. Just wow. I found this on the interwebs..
Went to my mom. However I got a no when I asked. Got to have respect for that dude, right?
Right?

Aug 17, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that was one of the greatest southpark episodes ever aired. followed closely by the world of warcraft one.

i quite liked the cartman teacher one. but meh, they are all good. back to the point, no school is not overrated. now go and do your homework
tongue.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #8 of 22
I actually know Dreminem on Xbox Live, we play Halo together. You guys are being ridiculous in your assumptions; he's still being home schooled with private tutors and he'll soon be making a ton of money. Don't judge his life choices when you don't even know what's going on. He's doing what he loves and is succeeding at doing so, what's wrong with that?

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #9 of 22
pff it's not like high school is hard enough to where he has to decide one or the other

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by | Scorpio | /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and he'll soon be making a ton of money.

No offense, but pilots make more than he will. But that's ok. You shouldn't do things just for the money. If he likes GH3, and wants to dedicated his early part of his life to it, that's perfectly fine! Harmless fun, how can you beat that?

It would be sad to think that his schooling is taking a hit, because that's the one true thing you can always fall back on in life, your brain. Hopefully it's not, but I just can't see how it isn't.

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nhancakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pff it's not like high school is hard enough to where he has to decide one or the other

x2!!!

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense, but pilots make more than he will. But that's ok.

Maybe he won't be making a ton of money, but he'll definitely be doing better than most 16 year olds.

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by | Scorpio | /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe he won't be making a ton of money, but he'll definitely be doing better than most 16 year olds.

Ah, but that's the thing!
It doesn't matter how much money you make at 16. The real kicker to your quality of life (overall economic situation) is how much money you make over the general course of life, subtracting debts.

I would much rather make no money, and rack up no debts while I was young and simply continue my schooling. Continue with schooling until I've reached the end, and then join the work force making a better than average salary. Compared to making 80,000$ over the three years of 16-19, and then wondering what to do after you're short career as a professional GT3 player is up.

But again, like I say, that's just what I prefer. Follow your dreams.

Aug 18, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i quite liked the cartman teacher one. but meh, they are all good. back to the point, no school is not overrated. now go and do your homework
tongue.gif

Meh.. Did you have a nice chatter with my mom?
wink.gif

Well, I'm in my last high-school year, definetly getting it finished. Don't know whether it's going to be college after that. I have no idea what to do in life, and that kind of sucks..

Aug 18, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #15 of 22
Not really....
Certainly sounds like fun. But what happens 5 years down the road, when you are really bored of GH3? Then you're stuck in the mid-20's with no education at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back