"school" headphones under 150?
Sep 30, 2012 at 12:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dooodstevenn

Head-Fier
I need something to listen to music in the library or in my room when doing homework,  I was thinking about getting some IE's but even the super comfy IE's bug me after a while.

ill keep it short and sweet:
-full rich sound
-balanced
-great sound stage
-durable
-closed cans (don't want to piss off angry people cramming during finals week 
smily_headphones1.gif
)
-low to medium clamping force (i got a big head anyways)
-comfortable
-noise isolating (prefer passive unless the active does not interfere with sound quality)
-portable (will have to be walking around campus with this stuffed in my backpack)

I've got the creative aurvana live in mind or the ath-m50, but don't really know what else is to my needs out there

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 6
The CAL's are fine headphones, but isolation is one of their weakest points.  And they may not be durable enough for stuffing in your backpack. 

You might look at the Sony MDR-V6, the Sony ZX-700, the Koss DJ-100, or the Denon DN-HP700.

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 6
Sennheiser HD25-1 II.

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #6 of 6
i'm leaning towards these so far too...do you use an amp with yours? I'm in the process of trying to find what amp goes well with it and getting this damn beats audio stuff off my pc 

Nope. I run it without one and from what I've read it doesn't need one either. I haven't used one with it though so I can't attest to what it sounds like with vs. without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back