Schitt Magni Unity? JDS Labs Atom 2 stack or Element III Mk 2? Or maybe a Woo Audio WA-7?
Dec 1, 2023 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TotalDominAsian

New Head-Fier
Been using a first generation Schiit Magni and Modi stack for the past 10+ years. Been warned though that they’ve been heard to blow up headphones though. And I’m also wondering if there’s a big noticeable difference with what’s available nowadays.

Headphones I currently own or are acquiring soon are the Audeze LCD-X 2021 revision, Sennheiser HD 800S, Focal Clear, and Sony MDR ZR1. Open to considering the newer Schiit stuff, but I’ve also heard good things about JDS Labs. Are they pretty comparable? And is there a noticeable auditory difference between the JDS Atom 2 stack and Element III Mk 2? Or is it just a nicer user experience with the large knob and numerous input options?

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #2 of 6
Not worth overgeneralizing but in my experience JDS has proven themselves far more than Schiit, at least with regard to their older kit.
Schiit Midgard is a nice rig, for sure. I'd hold out for the Atom 2 if it were me, but to each their own.

Dec 6, 2023 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 6
Just out of curiosity, how many of your headphones have been blown up over the last 10 years of using this equipment?

Anyway, rules 1, 2 and 3 of finding sonic nirvana are: don't read reviews and/or opinions. Audition equipment for yourself.
JDS?

Zero casualties, sir.

Dec 7, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #5 of 6
I've been fortunate enough to tour the JDS labs facility, and I can tell you first hand that they truly care about their processes and procedures and produce a high quality product. Also spoke to the lead designer and you can tell that he absolutely cares about what they ship out. Solid company.

I can also tell you I've had a few schiit amps and DACs that arrived dead on arrival.

Between the two, I'd go JDS labs stack.

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #6 of 6
JDS?

Zero casualties, sir.
I was talking to the OP who's used equipment that "blows up headphones" for 10 years.

I'm not advocating for Schiit - people need to listen to equipment and buy what makes them happy. Just don't understand why someone would hang on to and use equipment that destroys things for a decade.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back