Schiitcago 2017 Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #16 of 47
37152600671_55a6e57bf4_b.jpg

Fancy Headphone T-Shirt. Official Chicago T-Shirt??

Sep 19, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #17 of 47
It's the ZMF Auteur - haven't you heard?

Sorry jkjk - more info to follow both on HF and our website soon. Will have plenty of sets at RMAF for all to hear and ordering starting in November.

Looks great Zach :)

Sep 19, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #19 of 47
Okay, how did Steve's new DNA amp sound, I suspect with the Utopias?

He didn't bring it. There wasn't nearly enough room at the meet (though we would have made room, obviously). I'm dying to hear it as well!!

Sep 20, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #20 of 47
I really liked the Milo amplifier, it really made my LCD-2 shine and give it an extra oomph, even if it's wayyy out of my budget.

The iDSD Black Label was very interesting, as well. The X-Bass feature was very fun to use, though the 3D Holographic Sound made songs a bit weird sounding and warped. I could see myself owning this amp.

Also, just wanted to run this through again — since the meet on Sunday, I've been missing a black Audeze travel case.

Specifically, the contents inside of the case were a pamphlet showcasing various Audeze products, a certificate of authenticity with the serial number written in pen a 1/4" to 1/8" stereo adapter, and a pair of adhesive rings for the leather ear pads.

I strongly urge you to look through your belongings to see if you may have taken my travel case by mistake.

Sep 20, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #21 of 47
Also, just wanted to run this through again — since the meet on Sunday, I've been missing a black Audeze travel case.

Specifically, the contents inside of the case were a pamphlet showcasing various Audeze products, a certificate of authenticity with the serial number written in pen a 1/4" to 1/8" stereo adapter, and a pair of adhesive rings for the leather ear pads.

I strongly urge you to look through your belongings to see if you may have taken my travel case by mistake.

Have you contacted ESS to see if it is still there?

This sucks if someone really did walk off with it. I have grown to trust this group and feel free to walk away from my gear at meets. I really hope this shows up and was just a mistake in what someone grabbed.

Sep 20, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #22 of 47
Wow! So I just went to go get my Audeze from its case and I opened it to find no headphones. Zephuros, I have your case.
How could this be!? Where are my headphones?

Anyone? :frowning2:

EDIT: Resolved :)

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #23 of 47
Hey y'all we're getting the gear situation resolved - doesn't appear to be anything stolen, but I am co-ordinating a few forgotten or Mis-identified items.

Just wanted to let you all know, as far as I can tell we're still an honest community : )

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #24 of 47
Glad to hear that things are getting resolved positively on the gear front. But people, seriously, keep an eye on your own stuff. trustworthy people or not, be in charge of knowing where your stuff is. Bring a backpack or something, and keep loose stuff in a bag. Mark your gear, especially when there is likely to be more then one of them on location.

on a side note, been toying with the idea of doing another meet in November in Western Springs. maybe Nov 5th. Thoughts? too soon? If you might be interested, be sure to join the notification thread.

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #25 of 47
Wow! So I just went to go get my Audeze from its case and I opened it to find no headphones. Zephuros, I have your case.
How could this be!? Where are my headphones?

Anyone? :frowning2:

EDIT: Either my Audeze headphones are still in that room or someone took them and basically stole it. This truly sucks.

Yeah that makes sense as I think I was already there when you showed up and I am positive I never saw you bring a case, just your LCD-2's by themselves. I think I was the first person to listen to them.

Hey y'all we're getting the gear situation resolved - doesn't appear to be anything stolen, but I am co-ordinating a few forgotten or Mis-identified items.

Just wanted to let you all know, as far as I can tell we're still an honest community : )

This is just a rollercoaster of emotions :fearful: Keep us updated as everything gets resolved. really glad it sounds like everyone ends up with their own gear.

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #26 of 47
Yeah that makes sense as I think I was already there when you showed up and I am positive I never saw you bring a case, just your LCD-2's by themselves. I think I was the first person to listen to them.

This is just a rollercoaster of emotions :fearful: Keep us updated as everything gets resolved. really glad it sounds like everyone ends up with their own gear.

I did bring a case. It was definitely one of the earlier ones. When I went to open up 'my' case yesterday I noticed that the latches were different. I had a 'hey, this is cool..' moment before opening it up and seeing an empty, yet really nice case.

Luckily things have been resolved on my end.
I apologize Zephuros. Contact me when you have a chance!

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #28 of 47
Thanks Keith!

Yes, please always double and triple check your stuff. A quick check can save everyone a lot of heart attack moments.

And a November meet would be super cool. Let me know if you need help, I'd be happy to support however I can. Also, I had several manufacturers who wanted to send gear for this meet but couldn't get stuff out quite in time, and might still be interested. (we'all have to be conscious of RMAF though)

Sep 21, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #30 of 47
I honestly like all of them, and will definitely be adding an Auteur to compliment my Atticus.

That said, from my time with it, I can tell you:
- Auteur is the most neutral/balanced ZMF headphone - still warm of neutral overall (I'd say it runs a just a bit warmer than the Utopia and has a meatier bass presence for sure).

- Very resolving. It's super detailed and micro-detailed - lots of data in the music - all delivered in a very natural and musical way. Still very "music first" with excellent timbre, like all the ZMFs.

- The stage is very open sounding - Zach says it's about 80% open - but I heard several folks at the meet comment that they were impressed with the size of the stage. I listened to it with some good recordings and found it very impressive.

- It's absolutely gorgeous to look at, in person. The blackwood and brass version looked classy as hell.

@Hansotek - I am very curious about Auteur vs. Atticus.
For context, I have auditioned Atticus vs. Eikon on 3 occasions, and consistently strongly preferred the Atticus sound over the Eikon. How would you place the new member compared to Atticus and Eikon?
Personally, I am a fan of the Atticus warm sound signature. Is the Auteur significantly less warm?
I assume you did not listen long enough to answer, but will take a stab at the next question anyhow:
Being (much?) more detailed than Atticus - is the Auteur potentially fatiguing?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back