Holy SHCIIT y'all, I'm in after-all!
Yggy OG gen5 in Silver!
What a score @ $1195!

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #11,957 of 12,406
Holy SHCIIT y'all, I'm in after-all!
Yggy OG a2 gen5 in Silver!
What a score @ $1195!
Where did one turn up for you? - that is a GREAT price.

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #11,958 of 12,406
Where did one turn up for you? - that is a GREAT price.
On Reverb.com which is a musical instrument and gear reseller site; and this one was from a great , trusted seller, and he says it's 'mint'. I saw it yesterday but then today they dropped the price by $100. Yoink.

Feels weird returning or reselling Gumby MB like this but c'est la vie

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #11,959 of 12,406
Because OG doesn’t mean original Yggy.

OG only started when flavors arrived. Before the flavors there was A1 and A2. Therefore AD based Yggy are OG and TI are MIL, MIB, and LIM.

Not confusing really.

I guess at some point, a “Yggy spotters guide” will be needed. 😎

When I bought my first one, the original, in 2015, the serial # started with “A”. Schiit’s first “upgrade” was a new analog board. The digital conversion was the same, same chips. I sold mine and bought a new one in 2018, and am using it today. Those serial # started with “B”. So lots of us called them YggyA and YggyB. At some point people started calling them A1 and A2, though I’m not sure whether Schiit ever had “names” for them. My invoices for each simply say “Yggdrasil”.

IMG_2138.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #11,963 of 12,406
I haven’t turned it off yet on my GS2. I preferred it on with my Bifrost 2/64 so haven’t felt the need to experiment with the GS2.
Same- on the OG I found in NOS mode the changes were slight and not for the better- mostly a loss of detail retrieval. I think if one wanted to experiment with HQP it could be different but those who posted on that earlier in the thread were upsampling to, then manipulating DSD, then transcoding to PCM (since Yggdrasil doesn’t work with DSD files directly). Happy with what MCB filter is doing- no desire to mess with it further.

Mar 10, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #11,964 of 12,406
Enjoying my Yggy OG+ with some Dire Straits, You and Your Friend this evening. Enjoy the music.

A beautiful and well thought out stack
Even has that Folky on top!

So the seller told me he doesnt know if it's an A1 or A2 so now I gotta open her up to see bc it will drive me crazy not knowing- even though I'm cool with it being either or.
Might as well order an Unison board since I have to take out all them damn screws anyway lol. Oh- or I guess I could email Schiit as they'd have a record , huh? Or maybe not if it was self-installed...

Anybody have experience with Yggy via gen5 vs Unison? Is it really worth $150 if PC is my only source but Ive never noticed any noise or interference?

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #11,966 of 12,406
I wrote already few pages back that Unison USB is definitely worth it.
Yes, I recall that but then nobody else responded, and I am unsure if you have compared it against Gen 5 (which in the marketing schiit called "USB solved" lol) .

Just wanting to dig a little deeper is all.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #11,967 of 12,406
Visited the Yggy page last week and noticed OG is no longer available. Just LiM and MiB (which I hadn't heard of). How do LiM and MiB differ, and is there consensus to which sounds best?

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #11,968 of 12,406
Nope, there is no consensus. To find out which one you like you'll have to buy both and return the one you don't like as much.

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #11,969 of 12,406
Visited the Yggy page last week and noticed OG is no longer available. Just LiM and MiB (which I hadn't heard of). How do LiM and MiB differ, and is there consensus to which sounds best?
I haven't tried LIM or MIB myself but the general consensus seems to be LIM is more laid back, while MIB is more technical. It really depends on your preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back