Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Nov 16, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #6,076 of 12,283
By the cheap cables and send them to me, I will do my special "cryo" treatment to the cheap rca's .
Cryo treatment is I toss them in my top loading meat freezer for a few days.
1K to me later and you will have "expensive" cables

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #6,078 of 12,283
Since I've been using a Cable Cooker for several years now and have tested several groups of cables in cooked vs non cooked tests, I have consistently found changes and improvements to the SQ to the cooked set.
To the point that every cable I can cook has been, and this process has now become part of my 'normal' setup and tweak routine.

And if anyone wants to explore this for themselves you can contact me to have a set of cables cooked and returned for your own evaluation.
I would recommend that you have 2 sets of identical cables to directly compare, one (non cooked) to the other, that was cooked.

IOW direct personal experience is always best in order to ascertain the validity of any claims made as to the efficacy of any tweak.

Or not.

JJ

Nov 17, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #6,080 of 12,283
You can boil it and sun dry it for sweeter sound, just like Eddie Van Halen does it for his guitar strings :)

Nov 17, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #6,082 of 12,283
cryo is just plain cool tho. My cable from jenna labs is a freeze job on my full modded la900. don't know what it does but its a feature.

Nov 19, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #6,083 of 12,283
Just got a second-hand Yggdrasil, which I'm thus far very much enjoying. I used to have a Gungnir Multibit, which I was also very happy with. On this particular Yggy though, I'm getting quite a bit of transformer hum, which can be heard quite easily throughout the living room/kitchen area of our apartment. Perhaps something came loose in shipping. The combination hum and high pitched noise reminds me of the sound a VCR would make when it was on and recording (except that in this case it's probably a full dB quieter). The higher pitch portion sounds like certain dimmer switches when they're at a mid/lower position. Anyone else having this issue? I'm pretty sure I've read through this entire thread, and I only can recall one or two individuals mentioning a hum from the unit.

It's a bit more than, "well of course if you press your ear right up next to the thing, you're gonna hear something".

Nov 19, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #6,085 of 12,283
I'm curious if anyone has demoed the Denafrips Terminator or the Holo spring lvl 3 vs. the yggy. I'm considering upgrading.

Nov 19, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #6,087 of 12,283
No Noise in mine. I would suggest emailing Schiit to see what they can do for you.

Just got a second-hand Yggdrasil, which I'm thus far very much enjoying. I used to have a Gungnir Multibit, which I was also very happy with. On this particular Yggy though, I'm getting quite a bit of transformer hum, which can be heard quite easily throughout the living room/kitchen area of our apartment. Perhaps something came loose in shipping. The combination hum and high pitched noise reminds me of the sound a VCR would make when it was on and recording (except that in this case it's probably a full dB quieter). The higher pitch portion sounds like certain dimmer switches when they're at a mid/lower position. Anyone else having this issue? I'm pretty sure I've read through this entire thread, and I only can recall one or two individuals mentioning a hum from the unit.

It's a bit more than, "well of course if you press your ear right up next to the thing, you're gonna hear something".

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #6,089 of 12,283

Congrats on the yggy. If you're sure about the Yggdrasil being the source of the hum, and the seller didn't identify this you could look into getting your money back. Good luck and sorry that happened.

Nov 19, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #6,090 of 12,283
Lol.

Because last week I was told that the Yggy's holes are not ventilation holes I did
this:

169857.jpg

Seems okay. Yggy is not complaining or getting hotter and I can hide that ugly silver a bit. Win win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back