Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Oct 11, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #5,881 of 12,381
^

I'm one of the only owners who actually turns mine off and on using the back switch.
I never heard the advantage of leaving in standby. It sounds great from cold.
I did hear that harsh treble spike sound a few times when leaving it on for ages.
Never heard it again since deciding to turn on and off.

Oct 11, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #5,882 of 12,381
Badas,

That method makes absolutely no sense at all.....you experience is backwards from most everyone else!

Oct 11, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #5,884 of 12,381
Badas,

That method makes absolutely no sense at all.....you experience is backwards from most everyone else!

Maybe my ears are not good enough or on my equipment it doesn't matter. I don't hear any difference.
Makes no sense leaving it on all the time if I can't hear an advantage.

Oct 11, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #5,887 of 12,381
I have absolutely no inside knowledge of schiit or the Yggy development, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was an upgrade to the analog board at some point in the next few years. Mike's Theta DACs did the same thing -- called them the "A" version. Given Schiit's other products and my recollection of the rumors of Mike's reasons for not putting a tube analog stage in the Theta DACs, I hope/bet it's a tube analog stage with a LISST option.

Again, pure speculation on my part.

Oct 11, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #5,888 of 12,381
It looks like the backorders on the Yggy are now being processed. After several weeks of waiting, finally got the e-mail that it has been shipped.... Yay.

BTW, I e-mailed them a couple of days ago inquiring about my order and they were very prompt with responses. I mention this b/c of issues that have been posted about some communication problems brought up by others on this thread.

Hopefully, by next week, I start the listening...

Oct 11, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #5,891 of 12,381
Now back to the Yggy: I didn't realise how good it was until I had Utopias here. I'm sure if I could fit a good speaker system here I would discover more again.
Mine goes into a not-bad speaker system (see my sig). I listen to lots of high-quality, recent digital recordings of jazz and classical (eg. ECM), instruments pop out from the background as well as in a very good, intimate concert hall (eg. SFJAZZ Center). In the light of that, the ongoing discussion about Yggy's (lack of) "blackness" is derivatively entertaining, in the same way as discussions of how many angels could dance on the head of a pin.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #5,894 of 12,381
I
I wish the Yggy could add an option for native DSD processing.
It’s their product they can decided what features they feel is best and I truly respect their decisions. I do feel very strongly that if a company is going to sell a multi-thousand dollar product they should provide better customer support when issues occur. Since they have no distribution channel it is the customer that must bear the cost of shipping the equipment back for replacement/fixes.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #5,895 of 12,381
I

It’s their product they can decided what features they feel is best and I truly respect their decisions. I do feel very strongly that if a company is going to sell a multi-thousand dollar product they should provide better customer support when issues occur. Since they have no distribution channel it is the customer that must bear the cost of shipping the equipment back for replacement/fixes.

I'll bear that cost since the product probably sells for 50% less since there isn't a middle man......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back