Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Jun 9, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #8,506 of 12,319
Ditto. I'm thinking a few single ingredient Margaritas with no mixings. Maybe after a few -- my speakers/headphones will 'disappear' like David Copperfield's 747!! :D
But will it make the ASR crowd disppear from this thread.

Jun 9, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #8,507 of 12,319
Given enough Tequila -- Yes!! :grinning:

But unfortunately only for a bit. :frowning2:

Jun 9, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #8,508 of 12,319
Okay, friends, let's get this thread back on track. As a reminder, here's the thread's title:

"Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread"

From here on out, it'll be moderated to keep it on-topic. (And, having reviewed some of what happened since I was last here, there may be some retroactive moderating. Goodness gracious.)

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #8,510 of 12,319
Okay, friends, let's get this thread back on track. As a reminder, here's the thread's title:

From here on out, it'll be moderated to keep it on-topic. (And, having reviewed some of what happened since I was last here, there may be some retroactive moderating. Goodness gracious.)

Oooops. Sorry. We are a passionate lot. :disappointed:

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #8,511 of 12,319
Does anyone think a Yggdrasil is an excessive piece of equiment for a purely headphone setup?

Kinda, as I said I can only afford 1 TOTL dac, so I move it to the Living room speaker system as well. I can only be in 1 place at a time, and I have separate IC'c and power cords so the switch is quick.

I sure do love the sound stage with this thing. And speakers will always be my first love with audio.

My wife loves the headphones, though she doesn't listen to them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #8,512 of 12,319

Even if the impressions aren't so positive?

Jun 9, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #8,514 of 12,319
Do you own one? Don't even see one in your sig, Have you heard one with a variety of sources and transducers? Or at all?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #8,515 of 12,319

Yes, absolutely.

Just do not say because @amirm has shown the unit measures poorly. Please state what is negative regarding your personal listening impressions...

:)

Jun 9, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #8,516 of 12,319
Back to the scheduled program, here's an eclectic mix of new jazz and classical albums to exercise your newly arrived Yggy A2:

Over The Rainbow, Chano Domínguez
Still Dreaming, Joshua Redman
Concentric Circles, Kenny Barron Quintet
Sorrows and Triumphs, Edward Simon
Debussy op. 10 + Ravel Quatuor, Jerusalem Quartet
Musica Nova, Hesperion XXI, Jordi Savall
Domenico Scarlatti: Sonatas Vol. 1, Federico Colli
Árboles lloran por lluvia, Helena Tulve

The gear is there to serve the music, and my A2 serves these very well. BTW, I've heard live (in some cases more than a few times) the leaders of the first 4 (jazz) albums so I knew what to expect with respect to sound and musicality.

Jun 9, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #8,518 of 12,319
Does anyone think a Yggdrasil is an excessive piece of equiment for a purely headphone setup?

Wouldn't it depend on the associated equipment and the headsets? The Yggdrasil allows me to hear things that my Halo 5 (it lives in it's original box), Peachtree Audio, and other DACs couldn't. If I was running it through junk, it would be overkill because all that I am hearing now would be lost in crappy caps, noisy power supplies, and or crappy crossovers. So headphones or stereo a Yggdrasil COULD be overkill, or it could be just what you needed, the cherry on top, so to speak, IMO...

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #8,519 of 12,319
Jun 9, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #8,520 of 12,319

Users who are viewing this thread

Back