Schiit with IEMs
Oct 21, 2013 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Escape Your Mind

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,  I am currently looking at getting a small DAC/AMP setup to use at work.  I have noticed that Schiit equipment seems to be very popular now and looking into the company I am very interested.  I was thinking of doing the Modi+Magni stack, or maybe the Modi+Asgard 2 however I currently only use IEMs (EarSonic SM3v1) at work.  Would the Schiit dac/amp combos work with IEMs like that (I may be getting new IEMs soon, looking at EarSonic SM64 or maybe Westone W4) or are those overkill for IEM's?

I currently use a NuForce uDac (the original version) that I enjoy, and was considering just getting a uDac-3 but became very interested in the M+M stack.  Are there any other USB DAC/AMP combos that I should consider (price range flexible, trying to stay around 100-200, but would do 300 or so if it is worth it)?

Thanks!

Oct 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #2 of 3
If IEM's are all you're going to use, I'd rather invest in a better usb dac/amp combo than the udac2/3 like: Dragonfly, Meridian Explorer, HRT Micorstreamer, Island, or even the Geek if you can wait couple of months.  

Oct 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 3
Interesting, I'll have to also look into those.  I had originally planned on just getting the uDac-3 by default since I liked the original when I got it a while back when it was first released.  However I decided to see what people thought of the uDac-2 and it seems like there were some changes with the sound/power that put a lot of people off.  So I figured I would start looking around for another option as it seems this segment has exploded since the original uDac was released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back