Schiit warranty
Mar 16, 2016 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xaznxeclipsex

New Head-Fier
I just want to get my thoughts out. I do own my Schiit products, they sound good and seem to be a good value. The warranty is great but only applies to the original purchaser. I think the warranty should go to the product not the purchaser. Why? Many people in this hobby like to swap out or upgrade their components so Schiit stuff will get listed on the used section that only have a few months of use. When I was on the market for a Mjolruir, there were many listed but the 5 year warranty wont apply if something happens. I didnt want to take the chance over a $100 savings so ended up buying a new one. 
Im just saying if Schiit claims all their products are over built they should stand behind the product and offer it to whomever the owner is. Anyone else agree?

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 4
No

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 4
i agree,i do think warranty should be transferrable.....Cavalli makes its warranty transferable at least for the liquid carbon as do many other manufacturers

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 4
I have this 2007 (or 2008?) Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty, meaning for the rest of my life they will replace the powertrain for free. Engine went around 160K miles, transmission and diff are going now that I've hit 175K miles. 

The warranty is non-transferrable, the only one like it in the vehicle industry. At the time I remember Jeep saying basically, look, we know this thing's not going to hold up, this is a sales incentive, some of them will get crashed, many of them will get sold, people will die, we'll end up supporting a handful for a ton of years, we can accept that. 

When you say a warranty is non-transferrable, you're saying to the purchaser look I've got your back, you won't lose out, but there's no way in heck I could possibly stand behind my actual product. They are providing a warranty on the transaction in that case, not the product. 

As a Schiit Bifrost owner, I found your post strange, my understanding was that the product was under warranty for 5 years. So I went back and checked, what the website says is that it's under warranty for 5 years, but check the manual for full details. I checked the manual and what it says is that they warrant to the original purchaser for 5 years. They throw in the typical nonsense disclaimers about receipts and what not, but I would still, as a customer, interpret this as meaning they might not want to deal with the person I sold it to, but they will certainly be required to deal with me. 

There is no non-transferability clause, which with my Jeep came in a very long document explaining six-ways-to-Sunday that they knew it was unusual so they were going to make sure that I knew in every possible way that the warranty was staying with me. 

My take, again as a Schiit customer, is that you're reading something wrong. If I sell this thing to someone else (which I probably will at some point) it's still under warranty. If something goes wrong and that guy gets hassled by Schiit, I'll call them myself and handle it. If they tell me that contrary to all the information they provided me when getting me to make my purchasing decision, they in fact will not cover defects in their craftsmanship due to some sort of legal eagle gotcha.... well I live in California, Schiit is operated in CA, CA will laugh at that claim. 

So, I don't mean to be contrarian, but until someone calls Schiit and confirms that they think they've come up with a way to wash their hands of their own products the minute you give one to your uncle at Christmas, well I'm just not going to believe it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back