Schiit Vali ringing in the left earcup?
Jan 1, 2015 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Rewkie

100+ Head-Fier
I'ts REALLY loud...  Don't really know how to fix it, and it won't stop.   I'm using HD650s if that helps.

EDIT ~ FIXED IT.  Always turn off and on kids...

EDIT again ~ Nope, still there.  Every time i turn it on, it rings a little to begin with, then goes silent for 10 mins or so, then starts ringing really loudly in the left channel...?

Jan 3, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 7
  Pretty odd a tube starts to ring all by itself after ten minutes...

Not with those tubes ...  The type of tubes and their dependable microphonics was well known throughout the tube industry. 

bump, it's getting really loud and annoying. :s

Since the tubes are soldered in, you need to return the amp to Schiit for another one or replacement of the offending tube.  I'd also request that they test your proposed replacement and ensure that there are no microphonics before they send you another one.

Jan 4, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #7 of 7
  Not with those tubes ...  The type of tubes and their dependable microphonics was well known throughout the tube industry. 

Since the tubes are soldered in, you need to return the amp to Schiit for another one or replacement of the offending tube.  I'd also request that they test your proposed replacement and ensure that there are no microphonics before they send you another one.

Thanks for the advice, i relly need a replacement.  The ringing is REALLY loud, and on top of that it makes everything sound like it's on helium for some reason???  Yeah, it's the amp doing that.  Tried it with the stock header in the desktop, and both problems were resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back