Schiit Vali or LD 1+?
Apr 17, 2023 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dr.Balance

New Head-Fier
I had the Little Dot 1+ with my new Focal Clear MG. The LD just just up and died. A got a loud flapping buzzing noise through the headphones. I shut the amp off and now when turning the amp on the power light pulsates a little and then slowly fades out.

So either I try to get the LD repaired or I’m looking at getting a Schiit Vali 2++. Has anyone compared these 2 amps? Will this be an upgrade, sidegrade or downgrade?

Dec 28, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #3 of 3
Has anyone compared these 2 amps? Will this be an upgrade, sidegrade or downgrade?

I realize that this thread is starting to collect dust, but I'm curious which direction you went?

I have a Little-Dot I+ that I've had for about a decade or so. It seems like the left tube socket is starting to fail. I get intermittent static/hiss from the left side that is fixed by fiddling with the tube. But the static/hiss always comes back eventually, and it seems to be getting worse over time. Probably due to all of the tube rolling over the years; I guess I should have used socket savers, but oh well.

I already tried to disassemble it as much as I could without actually disconnecting wires, etc. I didn't see anything obvious such as cracked solder joints and I'm not sure how much it's worth trying to dig much deeper at this price point. I'm not that great with a soldering iron anyway.

I'm just not sure if I should get another Little-Dot I+ or try something different and get a Vali 2++.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back