Schiit Vali 3 : Impressions Thread
Apr 5, 2024 at 3:00 AM Post #226 of 535
Thanks. Clearly I need to go my game in this tube stuff. I'll just get some new tubes that are appropriate for the Vali 3. Looking for a little more of that tube swing.
I'm sure somebody, somewhere has a 5670 - 12a*7 adapter.
That G1217 5670 - 6sn7 adapter you mentioned should work. The biggest question would be if it has clearance with the Vali3's lid
And they do. Mrs X makes a 12xx to 5670 adapter.

Apr 5, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #227 of 535
Decided I wanted to listen to some Blues with my HD600. Started listening balanced with my V222 and it sounded good, but I thought it was lacking something. Switched to Vali 3 and I'm satisfied. Timbre is great, including a nice tight bass. Sound stage is larger than on most SS amps. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:46 PM Post #228 of 535
Another night launch of another tube. Raytheon 6CG7. It will soon be in orbit with the rest of the launches.

20240404_193548.jpg

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #230 of 535
Nice! Keep them coming!

I'm looking forward when you get to 6J5 lol.
As soon as the adapter gets here. I am compiling my notes and will make it one big post. About 5 more tubes to go for what I have or have coming in. I also need to make a couple of new headmaps. Green and purple for colors I think.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 11:36 PM Post #233 of 535
Decided I wanted to listen to some Blues with my HD600. Started listening balanced with my V222 and it sounded good, but I thought it was lacking something. Switched to Vali 3 and I'm satisfied. Timbre is great, including a nice tight bass. Sound stage is larger than on most SS amps. Anyway, just thought I'd share.
That's saying something. I think I like it as well as, and in some cases, better than my Schitt Jotenheim2. So I think we concur on the Vali 3. Whew, I'm glad I'm not alone in my assessment since I have 60yr. old ears. On the Schitt website for the Vali 3, Jasons says, "What if we blew up the whole entry-level tube headphone amp idea...that outperforms stuff way more expensive... Meet Vali 3, the new standard in affordable tube gear. Go ahead and compare Vali 3 to the competition…and you’ll find there’s no comparison." Jason wasn't Schitt'n was he?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #234 of 535
Apr 6, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #235 of 535
• I had a plan (post #189) .... curiosity being what it is ....
• .... Well, I'll be damned .... this little bugger sounds amazingly good a half-hour from the off:
IMG_7722.jpeg
IMG_7729.jpeg
[Raytheon CK5670] The little amp that COULD.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #236 of 535
• I had a plan (post #189) .... curiosity being what it is ....
• .... Well, I'll be damned .... this little bugger sounds amazingly good a half-hour from the off: IMG_7722.jpeg IMG_7724.jpeg[Raytheon CK5670] The little amp that COULD.
The general impression seems to be that it's a quality amp. I want to see if the Valhalla 3 can drive low impedance headphones and then I have a decision to make. Right now, it seems the the Vali 3 would be a nice improvement over my Vali 2++. Enjoy yours!

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #237 of 535
The general impression seems to be that it's a quality amp. I want to see if the Valhalla 3 can drive low impedance headphones and then I have a decision to make. Right now, it seems the the Vali 3 would be a nice improvement over my Vali 2++. Enjoy yours!
I don't know how much Vali 3 has improved based on the 60v to 100v rail.

But if you were comparing Vali 2+ and Lyr 3 then I'd highly recommend Lyr 3.

So again depending on how much has changed, by extension I might recommend Lyr+ over Vali 3.

Lyr just sound much larger and grand in scale. Funny enough so far it's been consistent to their physical size. Schiit small amps tend to sound smaller and larger amps sound bigger. :stuck_out_tongue:

This might sound like I'm talking out of my butt but it's what I've noticed so far.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #239 of 535
Headmaps?
Images that I have used to demonstrate the soundstage I experience with headphones. I need something with a bigger area than than the blue one here.

headspace3b.jpg

headspace3a.jpg

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #240 of 535
I don't know how much Vali 3 has improved based on the 60v to 100v rail.

But if you were comparing Vali 2+ and Lyr 3 then I'd highly recommend Lyr 3.

So again depending on how much has changed, by extension I might recommend Lyr+ over Vali 3.

Lyr just sound much larger and grand in scale. Funny enough so far it's been consistent to their physical size. Schiit small amps tend to sound smaller and larger amps sound bigger. :stuck_out_tongue:

This might sound like I'm talking out of my butt but it's what I've noticed so far.
I would consider a Lyr 3 because I've read that it is more tubey than the Lyr+. I'd like to buy new, but a used Lyr 3 is possible. I thought about the Lyr+ but the SS part of it makes my Asgard 3 redundant. I've got some time to think it over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back