Schiit Stack vs. Objective2+ODAC
Dec 23, 2016 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

UsernameOfDesir

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi community,
I'm torn between the two amplifiers in the title. Well, three if you count the FiiO E10k.

I need an amplifier for the HD650s. Both the Schiit Stack (Magni2uber + Modi2) and the Objective2+ODAC will cost me $300 shipped, plus $75 import duty. $375 is a lot to spend, I know, but I don't mind paying that seeing as this will be my only pair of headphones and amplifiers for a while. Next 2 years for sure.

So which one of these would you recommend?

Now, objectively, is the FiiO E10k good (enough) for the HD650s? If I can spend around $125 and get the same performance out of my headphones with the E10k, I would rather do that and save $250.

Thanks.

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #2 of 6
Well the Fiio E10K is rated for use for headphones between 16 to 150 Ohm so even without more detail I wouldn't recommend using it with the HD650 which is 300 Ohm. You won't have much sonic improvement (if any) between the Schiit Modi 2 and Magni 2 compared to the ODAC+O2 so I would just go with the cheaper option if I were you but that's just my suggestion. 

Dec 23, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #3 of 6
  Well the Fiio E10K is rated for use for headphones between 16 to 150 Ohm so even without more detail I wouldn't recommend using it with the HD650 which is 300 Ohm. You won't have much sonic improvement (if any) between the Schiit Modi 2 and Magni 2 compared to the ODAC+O2 so I would just go with the cheaper option if I were you but that's just my suggestion. 

Well that's why I'm asking, they cost me exactly the same.

Dec 23, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #4 of 6
Oh didn't realize they cost the same. Well the Schiit Stack provides more power than the O2+ODAC so I guess it's the more future proof choice but the O2+ODAC has more a more compact size. Depends on your needs I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back