Schiit Stack (M3/Mimby) vs JDS Labs Element
May 24, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #4 of 12
Stalkeeeeeeeeeeeer, you here :D..... Well, would you know could answer answer or not my question since this forum is located in the suggestions and complaints session? :p

I'm just really curious as to what equipment you actually own... please do let us all know what your current system is :D

Headfiers with as many posts as yours, tend to have at least a couple of pairs of headphones. If we know your current reference point, it is a lot easier to manage your expectations, and suggest the right gear.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #5 of 12
I'm just really curious as to what equipment you actually own... please do let us all know what your current system is :D

Headfiers with as many posts as yours, tend to have at least a couple of pairs of headphones. If we know your current reference point, it is a lot easier to manage your expectations, and suggest the right gear.
Headphone: Arcano Arc-shp80
Source: Onboard

Now you know my beloved stalker :kiss_mm:.... The truth is this, I'd like to buy the Schiit stack but for financial reasons I might not be able to, so Element became my second choice but I'd like to better understand the differences between both of people who have already tested both. Was that your case or did you just come here to give me another ear jerk? :deadhorse:

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #6 of 12
Headphone: Arcane Arc-shp80
Source: Onboard

Now you know my beloved stalker :kiss_mm:.... The truth is this, I'd like to buy the Schiit stack but for financial reasons I might not be able to, so Element became my second choice but I'd like to better understand the differences between both of people who have already tested both. Was that your case or did you just come here to give me another ear jerk? :deadhorse:

Thank you, we can now help you better. Not everyone has a huge budget, I certainly don't so don't be ashamed of that.

In my opinion, you are not going to benefit greatly from either. I highly suggest investing in good headphones first, then adding a good value DAC/Amp combo afterwards (not Element level, more O2+ODAC or Schiit Fulla2).

The headphones you have are ISK HF2010 headphones, they look like they are pretty good for the money, but I still think something like the Sennheiser HD600 or Beyerdyanamic DT990 or DT880 would be better. With those you will notice more of a difference when getting an amp/DAC.

Some info on the HF2010: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-246#post-14236789

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #7 of 12
Thank you, we can now help you better. Not everyone has a huge budget, I certainly don't so don't be ashamed of that.

In my opinion, you are not going to benefit greatly from either. I highly suggest investing in good headphones first, then adding a good value DAC/Amp combo afterwards (not Element level, more O2+ODAC or Schiit Fulla2).

The headphones you have are ISK HF2010 headphones, they look like they are pretty good for the money, but I still think something like the Sennheiser HD600 or Beyerdyanamic DT990 or DT880 would be better. With those you will notice more of a difference when getting an amp/DAC.

Some info on the HF2010: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-246#post-14236789
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention but I bought the HD 6XX, it's still not in my hands but with a person that will bring from the USA to Brazil that in the case is my country, so knowing which of the two do you think would have the best value ?

May 24, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #8 of 12
May 24, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #10 of 12
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention but I bought the HD 6XX, it's still not in my hands but with a person that will bring from the USA to Brazil that in the case is my country, so knowing which of the two do you think would have the best value ?

HD6xx? The mimby will be superior to the Elements built in dac and the hd6xx is good enough to reveal that. I'd skip the Magni 3 at $99 though and get a B stock Vali 2 from Schiit for the same price. If it had to be between the Magni 3 and Elements built in amp, I'd go Magni.

May 24, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #11 of 12
HD6xx? The mimby will be superior to the Elements built in dac and the hd6xx is good enough to reveal that. I'd skip the Magni 3 at $99 though and get a B stock Vali 2 from Schiit for the same price. If it had to be between the Magni 3 and Elements built in amp, I'd go Magni.
I have no doubt that Mimby is better than Element dac, but why would you prefer Magni 3?

May 25, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #12 of 12
I have no doubt that Mimby is better than Element dac, but why would you prefer Magni 3?

I was not impressed with the amp section of the Element. The Magni is better but honestly the Vali 2 is going to be the best bet at that price range for the HD6xx. More plankton, nuances in the music. Better soundstage, etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back