schiit stack and what open back - warm fun - eq god tier
Jul 9, 2021 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Playstation

500+ Head-Fier
hello

I have the magni/modi3 and the mini loki. I would prefer to stay under $500. I have a Drop account if I need to use it to remain under the $500

Right now I am using the X2HR's.

I am looking for a pair of open backs that are as comfortable as the Fidelios, Beyers, Senns, in this order. I prefer warm, fun, open sound. They will need to sound good, or being able to handle eq'ing. I would prefer to skip any mods, if possible.

Something else I need clarification on. Are the the words flat/neutral synonymous with high fidelity? In other words, if I want a pair of headphones that have a high quality sound across all frequencies, will they usually be flat/neutral? I can always EQ, so I am not concerned as much about a sound that I don't prefer, as long as the sound is of high quality.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 9
haven't used the X2HR but sundara or hd660s are great choices. otherwise the beyer DT 1990 is my pick around that range. super comfortable but may need EQ to fulfill preferences, i enjoyed them with or without though

on that note, i'm trying to get rid of mine since i'm upgrading instead. like $475 if you're interested (used for <25 hrs)

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 9
Maybe check out the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home.

Jul 14, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #4 of 9
If it's a warm open-back you're after for under $500, sounds like the Sivga Phoenix would be a great starting point.

Jul 14, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #6 of 9
If it's a warm open-back you're after for under $500, sounds like the Sivga Phoenix would be a great starting point.
Maybe check out the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home.
out of ALL the headphones i have been looking at, these two never came up. have either of you ever listened to the Fedilo X2HR's? If yes, what would be the improvement gained from the headphones you both recommended? also, the reviews look great on both

Jul 14, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #7 of 9
out of ALL the headphones i have been looking at, these two never came up. have either of you ever listened to the Fedilo X2HR's? If yes, what would be the improvement gained from the headphones you both recommended? also, the reviews look great on both
Never heard the X2HR, so won't make a comment. In the case of the Sivga, you mentioned warm and fun...figured a set of open-back planars (just kidding, they're dynamic drivers) that are known for that signature would tickle your fancy.

https://headfonics.com/sivga-phoenix-review/

Heck, I'd recommend the HD650, but you asked for open and those are pretty compressed for an open-back. That'd be my second recommendation and, honestly, something I think should be in everyone's collection because it makes a great reference pair of cans all around.

Keep in mind I'm not a better/worse kinda guy. Every piece of gear is different and, with a few (in my experience) rare exceptions, most of it's great.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #9 of 9
correct me if I am wrong. The Sivga Phoenix look bigger/roomier headphones compared to the Sivga PII, which I was initially looking at, until a reviewer said they might fit some heads tighter.
I'd be going off photos, so couldn't tell you. To be honest, I know effectively nothing about the PII, but it is the same parent company that made the Sendy Aiva if you want a pedigree to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back