Schiit Modius Vs Bifrost 2 (Single Ended)?
Jan 1, 2021 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

supersonic395

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to settle on a DAC for a long time and I feel the Bifrost 2 hits the mark from a cost/performance ratio.

I plan on mainly using the single ended output and currently I have a Modius but was looking if anyone had an in-depth comparison between these two DACs please? Would there be a noticeable improvement going from the Modius to the Bifrost 2? (I'm assuming the change from the 4493 chip in the Modius to the Multibit will yield the biggest difference but could anyone provide further comparison please?)

Chain is: PC Jriver (CD flac quality) >> DAC >> Vali 2+ (to be replaced by a Lyr 3 once Schiit get 230V parts in stock) >> Beyer Amiron Home

Jan 1, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 4
Jan 1, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 4
Thank you but this reads more like a shill article with ads making the text jump around (at least on mobile). It's 3 pages, out of which only a small portion is to do with sound, with 2.5 pages waxing descriptive waffle. It doesn't really go into detail about the differences in sounds (unless the difference is close to imperceptible).
Shill article?

I don't see anything "shill" about the article. Are there adverts on the site? Absolutely. The only other way to fund a site is with subscriptions. I didn't subscribe, I'm guessing you didn't either?

As far as "differences in sound...", did you read the 3rd page? Specific songs compared.

I'm just an enthusiast in this audio game. Headphonia is a favorite site of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back