Schiit Modius discussion - $199 balanced AK4493 DAC
May 9, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #931 of 941
Have a Jotunheim 2 coming in. Upgrading from a magni and modi+. Will there be any real benefit of upgrading to a modius from the modi+ (besides matching aesthetics with the Jot 2)? I know Jot 2 isn't picky with SE vs. balanced input with Nexus, but has anyone had experience using both with the amp?

May 10, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #932 of 941
Have a Jotunheim 2 coming in. Upgrading from a magni and modi+. Will there be any real benefit of upgrading to a modius from the modi+ (besides matching aesthetics with the Jot 2)? I know Jot 2 isn't picky with SE vs. balanced input with Nexus, but has anyone had experience using both with the amp?
Just speculating here, but I would guess, yes, there would be a very small perceptible difference. I would probably save up more for a bigger jump though.

Jun 28, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #933 of 941
Hi all,

Im trying to figure out what cable i need to buy. I have a Shiit DAC/AMP (Modius/Magnius) stack that i want to use with a PS5, but from what i understand the PS5 only supports UAC1, which the Modius DAC does not. I think i can use the G6 to passthrough audio INCLUDING tempest audio correct?

So the chain would be PS5-> (USB) G6 -> (Optical - this is the cable i need) Modius -> Magnius -> HD800s.

From what I can tell on bestbuy i cant get one locally unfortunately so i need to know a trusted brand i can find on amazon.

Jun 28, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #934 of 941
Hi all,

Im trying to figure out what cable i need to buy. I have a Shiit DAC/AMP (Modius/Magnius) stack that i want to use with a PS5, but from what i understand the PS5 only supports UAC1, which the Modius DAC does not. I think i can use the G6 to passthrough audio INCLUDING tempest audio correct?

So the chain would be PS5-> (USB) G6 -> (Optical - this is the cable i need) Modius -> Magnius -> HD800s.

From what I can tell on bestbuy i cant get one locally unfortunately so i need to know a trusted brand i can find on amazon.
Your TV probably has an optical audio output you can use

Jun 28, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #936 of 941
Hi all,

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/k0xgvd/guide_how_to_get_your_dac_to_work_on_ps5/

Jan 27, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #937 of 941
I just upgraded from my Magni+/Modi+ to a Midgard/Modius E set up. I was able to compare the Modi to the Modius with the Midgard since the Midgard itself made such a sonic difference over the Magni. I'm listening with Beyerdynamic DT 990

I can't really agree that there's a "Very small" difference between the Modi and the Modius E. After some A/Bing the Modi is just smaller, flatter sounding. The Modius took an already nice soundstage and imaging and pushed it even wider. Not only that but the sound is just more full, larger, more energetic. I had in the past used a Jot 2 and when I added the Bifrost 2 it was much the same. Imo if you're going to get into audiophile gear then start go one step above the Magni/Modi into the Midgard/Modius. It's quite a difference already

Feb 5, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #938 of 941
I just upgraded from my Magni+/Modi+ to a Midgard/Modius E set up. I was able to compare the Modi to the Modius with the Midgard since the Midgard itself made such a sonic difference over the Magni. I'm listening with Beyerdynamic DT 990

I can't really agree that there's a "Very small" difference between the Modi and the Modius E. After some A/Bing the Modi is just smaller, flatter sounding. The Modius took an already nice soundstage and imaging and pushed it even wider. Not only that but the sound is just more full, larger, more energetic. I had in the past used a Jot 2 and when I added the Bifrost 2 it was much the same. Imo if you're going to get into audiophile gear then start go one step above the Magni/Modi into the Midgard/Modius. It's quite a difference already
So not balanced, right? Thinking of picking up a Midgard to pair with my 4493 Modius… to upgrade from Magni 3+.

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #939 of 941
So not balanced, right? Thinking of picking up a Midgard to pair with my 4493 Modius… to upgrade from Magni 3+.
I connect the Midgard and Modius using the balanced input/output

Feb 5, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #941 of 941
…but not the headphones? The Beyers are not balanced, right?
No, but I do have a pair of Amiron Home on the way with balanced so I can try out Halo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back