Schiit Modi multibit with Swans speakers
Mar 26, 2017 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Swansboy

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I recently built a high end gaming PC. I initially thought Asus STX II would be a good option since it supports Dolby. On second thoughts, I choose Schiit Modi Multibit. It is connected to a Swans M50W 2.1 set up. This is my first Schiit product and I am just blown away. Of course, as most reviews say, in terms of music performance, it is phenomenal. The lows are well defined, mids are like velvet (particularly female voices sound awesome). The highs are a bit buried, but I suspect that it is more due to the Swans than the dac. Clarity is great and the sound stage is very very wide.  

Surprisingly, MM performs great as a gaming / movie dac as well. Explosions sound thunderous, bass is tight without being boomy. I have it connected to an Asus H170 Pro Gaming  motherboard via optical output. So I can use the Asus HD audio equalizer (sorry, I do not like flat frequency, so have it tuned to a "U" shaped response). 

Hope this helps people who are looking for an external dac for both music and gaming / movies. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back