Schiit Modi I bought used giving me trouble [help ASAP]
Jan 15, 2021 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

500+ Head-Fier
It's being recognized by windows as schiit device but when it's hooked to magni with RCA cables I get nothing but buzz in right ear when I turn it all the way up

I am using a HP printer USB type B btw.

Jan 15, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #2 of 6
Try a different USB cable. I got one new a while back and had to use the included cable, because cables I had lying around, while fine USB cables in general, didn’t work with it.

Jan 15, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 6
Try a different USB cable. I got one new a while back and had to use the included cable, because cables I had lying around, while fine USB cables in general, didn’t work with it.
where the other USB cables printer cables by chance? don't get me wrong I am ordering cables right now via prime but I don't think I can get schiit cables without waiting and paying a lot so I'm trying to gauge the chance of another cable not working

(btw it is showing up as a USB device! not sure if yours may have shown up as a device)

either way still concerned about the right ear hiss but buying cables none the less

Jan 15, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #4 of 6
It's being recognized by windows as schiit device but when it's hooked to magni with RCA cables I get nothing but buzz in right ear when I turn it all the way up

I am using a HP printer USB type B btw.
If you purchased it used I guess you have to trust the seller that it was working when they sent it.

Jan 15, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #5 of 6
Contact the seller first, but generally if it’s the usb cable it won’t show up in your device list(at least that is my experience with modi)

might want to reach out to Schiit too. Edited, thought it said modius

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #6 of 6
Contact the seller first, but generally if it’s the usb cable it won’t show up in your device list(at least that is my experience with modi)

might want to reach out to Schiit too. Edited, thought it said modius
THANK YOU, makes me feel better... I could see the front light when on straight up and clear thru the white RCA port so I decided to try to check inside to make sure it actually had a board... 1 screw came out very hard, 2 were free spinning and other... well it was in between all different states of weird but I did see a capacitor from the 1 corner.

I contacted Schiit as well good to know they might be able to help, they seem kinda laid back :p, I guess I will see what gets here first, cord or sellers reasonable response and go from there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back